loading screen often stuck for a long time in 4.0.1.2

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ErinMcNew

loading screen often stuck for a long time in 4.0.1.2

Post by ErinMcNew »

Since the last major update (about a week ago), Gospel Library has been getting stuck on the loading screen (Angel Moroni with a loading bar at the bottom). The loading bar is full when it is hanging. The first time I ran into this was the first time I loaded Gospel Library after the update (this past Sunday), and the app was unusable for at least an hour and a half. I have run into it two other times since, most recently tonight. Tonight, it took about 15 minutes top become usable, and the previous time was around the same amount of time. I did notice that today, it became usable shortly right after I switched the screen orientation from portrait to landscape, and back again. I *think* that is just a coincidence in the timing, but wanted to mention it just in case it is relevant. I can test that the next time I run into the issue, though.

Has anybody run into this issue? Is there a quick way to get the app usable again?

Thanks!
jasonhyer

Re: loading screen often stuck for a long time in 4.0.1.2

Post by jasonhyer »

I have this happen and I can get around it by force closing the app and starting it again. Another user suggested that you u install the app and reinstall it again but I have not tried that. On one of my devices I uinstalled and loaded the old version just so I could be sure that I have at least one usable device.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Gospel Library now seems to do some kind of a sync when you start the app. I have mine set to WiFi only (because it does not honor the "ask me each time" function). The app seems to open when I am in a solid WiFi area, but if I am not, it seems to take longer or fail.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

I'm getting it to load now but when I open the app it tries to download the content again. I was at a baptism today and the Book of Mormon wasn't downloaded and it wouldn't download over the church wifi so I was without my scriptures today.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jasonhyer wrote:I'm getting it to load now but when I open the app it tries to download the content again.
The content has downloaded three times for me beginning with the version 4.0 release.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”