Where's April 2016 GC?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lmcguire

Where's April 2016 GC?

Post by lmcguire »

Hey, the first session is almost over already. Why can't I see the text in the Gospel Library yet?!

:mrgreen:
cdw3423lds

Re: Where's April 2016 GC?

Post by cdw3423lds »

I was just wondering the same thing. Seriously what is taking so long?

Chris (funny man) W
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Twiddle.... Force Refresh... Gaaaaaa! My finger hurts.
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

Hello!! Is this thing working?!?

#UnreasonableExpectations
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I heard they were going to upgrade the software so they don't actually have to give the talks before they appear in print. Revelation, or something like that. I guess the content team software is still in beta.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

lajackson wrote:I heard they were going to upgrade the software so they don't actually have to give the talks before they appear in print. Revelation, or something like that. I guess the content team software is still in beta.
:lol:

It's been revealed to me that I should be on the beta team. I'm just not sure where to sign up?! There were at least 4 talks that I want to read now!
cdw3423lds

Post by cdw3423lds »

I guess I will just hire a court reporter to do real time transcription for me until they get this revelation feature figured out. But that doesn't help everyone else.

#UnreasonableExpectations
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

*Finally*! I can't believe it took them like 2 days to get the talks in GL. My thumbs hurt from all the twiddling. That beta was a complete wash!

</#UnreasonableExpectations>

Until October,

Liz
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

This was a fun read. I find it very interesting how impatient we have all gotten with anything that doesn't happen NOW.

I remember sending my weekly letter home on my mission knowing that they would not see it for 2 weeks (or longer). On my mission, we received VHS video recordings of General Conference about the time the next conference occurred. And the Mission Office received one set so it could be another month or two before everyone in the mission could see them when they were scheduled to show at the local building...
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

davesudweeks wrote:This was a fun read.
Indeed. As I served a mission, my parents and I were responding to two letters back, because the latest one was still in transit.

Nevertheless, as I thought about your excellent comment, I also recall that we tried diligently at general conference time to pick up the sessions on short wave radio, sometimes successfully. Even then, we didn't want to wait.

Some things never change.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”