Material Design app

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
DhKDc

Material Design app

Postby DhKDc » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:08 am

Is it possible to have a material design version of the Gospel Library app? The content is already perfect, but not in terms of design. It keeps in the Holo design guidelines from android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I would like to see a more minimalist design as you had done in the iPhone app but with the Material Design guidelines for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Material Design app

Postby aebrown » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:01 pm

dtoledofuentes wrote:Is it possible to have a material design version of the Gospel Library app? The content is already perfect, but not in terms of design. It keeps in the Holo design guidelines from android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. I would like to see a more minimalist design as you had done in the iPhone app but with the Material Design guidelines for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

Such an upgrade is not a trivial undertaking. A Material Design upgrade is underway for LDS Tools (see here), and I imagine that the Gospel Library app will be updated similarly as well at some point. But resources are limited, so it may not happen as quickly as you might hope.

In any case, you're welcome to use the Feedback option (on the Help menu within the app) to make the request yourself. That way the product managers will see your request (they're unlikely to see your post here on the forum).

sbradshaw

Re: Material Design app

Postby sbradshaw » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Yes, Material Design is coming with version 3.5 of Gospel Library for Android:
https://dribbble.com/shots/2322709-Gosp ... ial-Design
Samuel Bradshaw • Interested in church apps and sites, creative recordkeeping, clerk support, YSA wards and stakes, LDS music, Vineyard at BYU, and online service.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”