Cannot view maps in Gospel Library without Wi-Fi

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Superfield

Cannot view maps in Gospel Library without Wi-Fi

Post by Superfield »

My mother has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, but she can't view the maps while she doesn't have an internet connection. We're going to Israel soon and would like to have them available. I'm not only having trouble fixing this, but also trying to replicate the problem consistently. Can I get insight on how the app handles images?
lmcguire

Re: Cannot view maps in Gospel Library without Wi-Fi

Post by lmcguire »

I have no idea how the app handles these things. However, at least some media content won't download unless you download it individually. I just did an experiment. I viewed each of the Bible Maps. Then I fully closed the Gospel Library app. Then I disabled my Wi-Fi and opened the app again, and was able to view each of the maps. I then power-cycled my device (leaving Wi-Fi disabled), went back to the Bible Maps, and the maps were still there. So maybe you just need to view each of them before leaving... (This was on a Galaxy Note 8.)

Don't know that it's the same from device to device, nor whether that helps any, but there it is, for what it's worth...

Liz
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot view maps in Gospel Library without Wi-Fi

Post by lajackson »

Things such as Maps and Videos seem to download only when you actually select them, but once they download, they are available whether or not you are tied to a network or WiFi. I am a little miffed that GL ignored my "always ask" setting and downloaded 132 meg of data over my phone network earlier this week when the books in the library updated. I was able to get it under control by changing the setting to WiFi only. Now, it bugs me to download when I am not in a WiFi zone, but doesn't bother to download when I am in a WiFi zone.

But under normal circumstances, once I have downloaded an item on my Galaxy S2, it seems to always be available, whether or not I am connected to the rest of the world.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”