Tag Management

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ryanbohm

Tag Management

Post by ryanbohm »

Hi, thanks for such a great app. There's just one thing I'd like the ability to do, which from looking at previous posts has been a bit of a deficiency. I'd like to be able to manage tags, i.e. rename and remove. Please let me know if I'm missing something or if this just is not currently available.

Thanks,

Ryan
lmcguire

Re: Tag Management

Post by lmcguire »

You aren't missing anything. The only "editing" I've found that works is changing capitalization - do it for one item tagged with the word, and all the others update to the same capitalization. (You delete the tag, then in the same popup window, you add it back, but with different capitalization.)

I agree, it would be nice if we could pick a tag and change it (so that everything tagged therewith is now tagged with its edited name). To remove a tag from all the highlights which use it, all at once might be nice, but would this leave the highlight or delete it too (perhaps an option for which to do)? And what if there are other types of annotations on that highlight (notes, links)? That option would need more requirements gathered. But the "rename" one ought to be pretty easy to add.

Anyway, as is always the case, if you really want it, please use the feedback link in the app, as that will send your request to the development team, whereas they may or may not see it here (I'm just a user, sharing ideas).

Liz

Return to “Android Gospel Library”