Nook updates? 2015

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
adamspatriciaanne1

Nook updates? 2015

Post by adamspatriciaanne1 »

Any updates for my Nook to 2015?
ronpriceless

Re: updates? 2015

Post by ronpriceless »

I too am wondering about 2015 LDS manuals for the LDS Gospel Library App for the Nook. Does anyone know if and when it will be available?
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Wondering if the gospel library or lds tools will be updated for nook tablet that does not have access to the android store. I get the message an update is available, but can't access it as my tablet is an older version that can't access the android store.
rbsbini

Post by rbsbini »

Yes! What are you planning to update in the app in 2015?
dianeevans

Post by dianeevans »

Due to changes in the Nook operating system, Gospel Library no longer works on the Nook. There isn't a lot that can be done to change that, unfortunately. This is one of the "hazards" of using an open-source operating system (Android). A manufacturer can make changes in their device, and it prevents certain third-party apps from performing correctly.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dianeevans wrote:Due to changes in the Nook operating system, Gospel Library no longer works on the Nook. There isn't a lot that can be done to change that, unfortunately. This is one of the "hazards" of using an open-source operating system (Android). A manufacturer can make changes in their device, and it prevents certain third-party apps from performing correctly.
That's hardly a problem related to an open-source operating system. It's simply a choice that manufacturer made. Apple makes the same kinds of choices -- just ask iPhone 4 users who can't upgrade to the latest version of iOS and Gospel Library no longer works for them, either!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

There was a delightful year when I had more information on my Android than the stake president had on his iPhone because of model issues and the frugal stake president's desire to not have to replace an otherwise perfectly functioning phone.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”