Enlarging Font

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ejd21hi

Enlarging Font

Post by ejd21hi »

My mother wants to get a cheap android 7inch screen tablet just to read her scriptures on. The problem is she also wants to read in large font. I have been trying to enlarge the font on Gospel Library on my Samsung Tab3 but have been unable to do so. Any suggestions?
lmcguire

Re: Enlarging Font

Post by lmcguire »

Open Gospel Library, open the options menu (icon of 3 gray squares on top of each other or the device's menu button), choose Settings, choose "Font Options", move the slider toward the + sign.

Liz
ejd21hi

Post by ejd21hi »

Thanks Liz! I was able to follow those instructions successfully with my iPad but I could not do it on my Samsung Tab3. Maybe I am just android illiterate! I could not find the options menu.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Here are two pictures. One is of my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. At the lower left, on the border of the device itself is the menu / options menu button.
GalaxyNote8.jpg
This one is a screen capture from another device, which doesn't have a physical options menu. In the upper right are the three stacked gray boxes.
OptionsIcon.png
...tap either of those, and you'll get a pop-up menu. One of the options in that popup menu is "Settings". If you don't see that, something is wrong in the universe. What version of Android are you running? What version of Gospel Library? (The app store or Android settings > Application Manager should tell you the version.)

Liz
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I was able to do it with my phone and my Nexus 7" tablet. Perhaps you have a older version of GL on your Samsung?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ejd21hi

Post by ejd21hi »

Thanks Liz! I was able to figure it out with your pictures. As I suspected it was an issue with me still learning to use a tablet other than my iPad from work. Now I can help my mom set up her tablet!
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Hooray. Glad you got it working.

Liz

Return to “Android Gospel Library”