Handbook 1

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Handbook 1

Post by sbradshaw »

Handbook 1 is different from other content because it is role-based – meaning that your access is based on your LDS Account permissions.

The released version of Gospel Library for iOS already supports and allows access to Handbook 1. The released version of Gospel Library for Android does not.

There's a preview version of Gospel Library 4.0 (above I said 3.5, but it's actually 4.0, sorry for the confusion) for Android that becomes available on Google Play after following the link posted by eblood66 above. On the preview version, role-based content (including Handbook 1) is supported. If you are on the Gospel Library 4.0 preview, logged in with your LDS Account, and you still don't see Handbook 1, you can help the developers troubleshoot by using in-app feedback or posting to the Gospel Library beta community.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
clwilson911

Post by clwilson911 »

Does the second counselor in the Bishopric have restrictions that they can't get the Hand Book 1 on Gospel Library? The Ward Clerk has it, but not the 2nd counselor. He has an Android phone device that he is trying to get it on.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

clwilson911 wrote:Does the second counselor in the Bishopric have restrictions that they can't get the Hand Book 1 on Gospel Library? The Ward Clerk has it, but not the 2nd counselor. He has an Android phone device that he is trying to get it on.
I am guessing that the ward clerk is using the beta version of Gospel Library and that the 2nd counselor is not. Unless he wants to load the beta version, he will have to wait (as will I) until GL 4.0 for Android is released.

In the meantime, Handbook 1 is available by using the browser and going to LDS.org if there is an urgent need. But I also look forward to getting it in GL.
clwilson911

Post by clwilson911 »

Thank you I will notify him of this and see what he is using.
PotterBR

Handbook 1

Post by PotterBR »

I am a new bishop. Both of my counselors have access to Handbook 1 through Gospel Library. Both have iPhones. I have an Android and I do not have access. I was informed by the GSC/LCR that Handbook 1 is not available on Android and will likely not be for several months. Is there a Beta out that I can get on the Android? Not having it is very challenging (i.e., can't access Handbook 1 without internet access; cannot annotate/bookmark, etc.). Please advise access to a Beta version for Android. Thanks.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I see H1 in the beta, but not the regular release.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There's a "preview" version of Gospel Library 4.0 for Android that includes Handbook 1. However, annotations and bookmarks you make won't be saved when the app updates (it's still considered a preview instead of a beta because sync/annotations and content are in flux). But, you're welcome to try out the app, to at least see Handbook 1, and send feedback:

1) Join the "Gospel Library Android" LDSTech project and/or the Gospel Library BETA Google+ community to stay in the loop for updates and feedback.
2) Opt in on Google Play to the preview version of the app.
3) Search for "Gospel Library Preview" in the Google Play store (it will appear as a separate app from Gospel Library) and install it.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”