Worldwide Leadership Download on Android

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
yaterchatter

Re: Worldwide Leadership Download on Android

Post by yaterchatter »

I had the "failed to download 'Leadership Training Library'" error message. It went away after I refreshed the "Library" catalog and removed all entries under "Leadership". I don't know if both are necessary.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

yaterchatter wrote:I had the "failed to download 'Leadership Training Library'" error message. It went away after I refreshed the "Library" catalog
I tried that with no success.
and removed all entries under "Leadership".
Yikes! I use most of that stuff regularly. Did you ever reload it?

That's my Handbook 2, my leadership guides and guidebooks, and lots of other material I use all the time for training.

If I thought it would help, I would delete it and reload it. (Although I have not yet figured out how to delete individual items from Gospel Library.)
danpass

Post by danpass »

lajackson wrote:(Although I have not yet figured out how to delete individual items from Gospel Library.)
Do a long touch on the item. You'll be presented with the option to remove the item.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

danpass wrote:Do a long touch on the item. You'll be presented with the option to remove the item.
Ah, yes. Thanks.

Yesterday I opened every item in the Leadership folder. One item had not yet downloaded but successfully did and opened. I did not see the problem error message today. Perhaps I accidentally fixed it.
kellykj

Post by kellykj »

I tried what you mentioned, in my library it showed that I had under Leadership > Worldwide Leadership Training both Worldwide Leadership Training & 2012 Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting downloaded, and I could access both. However, I didn't have Leadership > Videos > Leadership Training Library. When I tried to download the leadership training library, it told me it was unable to download it. Then I tried deleting worldwide leadership training & 2012 Worldwide Leadership Training Meeting, then redownloading them. Only the 2012 Meeting worked, the other gave me the same error (An error occurred while downloading "Leadership Training Library").

I don't use these, I only downloaded them in the first place because I tried to download everything in the Leadership category. But I am curious what is causing the issue.

(Before I checked the error message again, I verified that I did have the latest version of Gospel Library. My device is an HTC Evo 3D with Android 4.0.3)
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kellykj wrote:(An error occurred while downloading "Leadership Training Library").
This is an old error that has come back again. I also received it this weekend. I do not know why.

I would suggest you report it to the email address in Gospel Library for the developers to look at the situation again and see if they can resolve it one more time.
pjkolak

Post by pjkolak »

I see this thread has been dead for awhile with no solution. I started having the same problem for about a month now. I too am not trying to download anything, but the message comes up every time I start the app, and more annoyingly, now every time I task switch between the app and my journaling I'm doing in Google Keep, I get the error when the GL app comes back on screen.

Android 5.01 on Nexus 5.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

When it happened last time, quite some time ago, I reported it and the problem went away after about a week.

I expect there is nothing to be done about it and that the developers will have to fix it.

The other possibility I have considered is that something really is trying to download. Last time, I considered getting into a strong WiFi spot and forcing a download of everything. I never did that, but I was in WiFi often enough that things were able to update.

Did everything finish downloading on its own? I don't know. The problem went away.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”