missing link to videos in come follow me (youth ss)

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: missing link to videos in come follow me (youth ss)

Post by aebrown »

dsesplin wrote:Yes, I have the android GL. Anybody have feedback on the Android app? (I have an Asus transformer infinity tablet and a Samsung S4 phone)
It works fine for me on Android as well (and RussellHltn's earlier post was also referring to Android).

So there's something about your device, which could be the hardware, the Android version, the external player, or perhaps something else. In my first test, I used the standard Video Player app built into KitKat on my Nexus 5. Which player are you using? Which version of Android do you have?
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

scgallafent wrote: I just tested with my Samsung S4 and the video played without any issues.
I just "deleted all content data" from the settings menu. Then I uninstalled the app. I checked to make sure I couldn't find any traces on my phone. Then I reinstalled the app from the play store. It still doesn't work. I can play the "Teaching the Savior's Way" video in the green box, but I can't play the one above it which on LDS.org is called "Origin". I have attached a screen shot. The top video is a dead link, the bottom one plays. Is this what you see on your S4? I'm at a loss. Sorry about the big image I didn't know how to reduce it. If you right click and click on view image you can see the whole screenshot.
Screenshot_2014-04-04-16-46-48.png
Screenshot
(130.68 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

aebrown wrote: So there's something about your device, which could be the hardware, the Android version, the external player, or perhaps something else. In my first test, I used the standard Video Player app built into KitKat on my Nexus 5. Which player are you using? Which version of Android do you have?
I have Android version 4.2.2. As I said, the link is totally dead. The bottom link asks which video player I want to use and it works no matter which one I select. The top video doesn't ask anything. It is like I am tapping on any other part of the screen. It works exactly the same way on my tablet. So what ever the problem is, it is affecting both my phone and my tablet exactly the same way.

Doug
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

dsesplin wrote:The top video is a dead link, the bottom one plays. Is this what you see on your S4?
When I view it on my S4, the top link shows the same video panel (film image in the middle) as the bottom panel. I'm running Gospel Library 3.0.1.2 on an S4 running Android 4.3.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

That's what I can't figure out. The link images are different on both my phone and tablet. I am also running Gospel Library 3.0.1.2 on an S4 but with Android 4.2.2. My tablet is running Android 4.2.1. Maybe you have to have 4.3 for it to work. At least you have verified that it should work. I'll keep trying to figure it out. Otherwise I'll just keep downloading the videos from my browser.
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

Ok, I just went to the tester page http://www.ldsmobiletester.com and downloaded the latest build of gospel library version 3.0.2.1 and installed it. I then deleted the database and reloaded it. Now all the links work. Same story for my tablet except I didn't have to delete the database. It must be a combination of Android 4.2.x and GL 3.0.1.2 that caused the problem. GL 3.0.2.1 works fine. I'm a happy camper now. Thank you everyone who helped me troubleshoot.

Doug

Return to “Android Gospel Library”