How to turn off Highlighting

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
tiffanylowe

How to turn off Highlighting

Post by tiffanylowe »

I was wondering if there is a way to turn off High lighting when reading the Scriptures. I read with my children and they want to follow along, but when I point to the words on the page and follow along with my finger to show them where we are, it highlights it all. I have crazy high lights throughout my scriptures that don't mean anything other than I was touching the screen to help my kindergartener follow along with me. I would love to know how to turn it off, if anyone knows.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: How to turn off Highlighting

Post by aebrown »

tiffanylowe wrote:I was wondering if there is a way to turn off High lighting when reading the Scriptures.
You posted this in LDSTech Featured Article Discussions, which doesn't help us understand the context of your question.

I'm guessing you are talking about the mobile application Gospel Library, but if so, we would need to know what kind of device you are using (Apple, Android, Windows, etc.). Or are you using the Scriptures on LDS.org?

Clarifying this will help us move the discussion to the appropriate section in the Forum, and give more specific and helpful answers.
tiffanylowe

Post by tiffanylowe »

sorry about that I am using both an Android phone and Kindle Fire.
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Tiffany,

I can't see a way to turn it off. But as soon as the highlight is made, there's a little trashcan icon (usually at the bottom of the screen) which you can hit to delete the highlight. I know that's not as convenient, but that and training yourself to touch the screen in ways that don't immediately highlight are about the only way I can think of in the current app to avoid all the highlights.

There's a feedback option (select Help, and report a problem) in the Gospel Library that will send your feedback straight to the developers. You could request that they add an option to disable highlighting.

You can also temporarily disconnect the device from your LDS.org account, and it will then not sync highlights. At the end of your reading session, you could blow away all the new highlights, then reconnect to your account...

I know none of that is an easy way to prevent highlights, but they're the only options I can think of...

FWIW,

Liz

Return to “Android Gospel Library”