Orientation with Kindle Fire

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Orientation with Kindle Fire

Post by russellhltn »

russellhltn wrote:The new standard seems to be three horizontal lines in a title bar (you can see this in the current Play Store) or 3 dots stacked on top of each other on the right side. Currently GL is lacking that feature. That may be a problem on newer Android machines. I'll have to try it with my Nexus 7.
OK, I think the new standard is the 3 bars on the left, but the newer Android will give the 3 dots on the right as a way to get into settings for older apps.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

aebrown wrote:
russellhltn wrote:Go into the material (not just a menu). Tap the "AA" icon. It will bring up the Reading Options menu. That's where you can find the "View Orientation" controls.
Well, that's an exceedingly obscure place to put a setting that affects the menus as well! I was doing my research while still in the menus, so that's why I couldn't find it.
I don't have Gospel Library 2 installed on the device I have in front of me to check, but I know you can get to it from the menu in Gospel Library 3 beta.
Menu > Settings > Reading options (Theme, font, brightness, orientation lock)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scgallafent wrote:I don't have Gospel Library 2 installed on the device I have in front of me to check, but I know you can get to it from the menu in Gospel Library 3 beta.
Menu > Settings > Reading options (Theme, font, brightness, orientation lock)
That's good to hear that the developers have improved this for GL 3. For GL 2, the menu is different when you are on an actual content page, and you do have the Reading Options item there, but not when you are in any of the earlier screens browsing through the content hierarchy.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”