Highlighting and tagging in Book of Mormon Institute manual

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dgarvin

Highlighting and tagging in Book of Mormon Institute manual

Post by dgarvin »

Not sure if this is a known issue or if I'm just thick, but I can't seem to highlight and tag text in the Institute Book of Mormon student manual like I can in other manuals. Strangely, I can highlight and tag text just fine in the Introduction section of the chapter, but when I try and do this in the lower sections (bulleted paragraphs) it doesn't work.

For example, in Chapter 23, Alma 1-5, Introduction section, works. But scrolling down to the Commentary section, Book of Alma subsection, first bullet point, here's what happens:

Long press, highlight initially displays as expected, but the tag icon is disabled (along with others) in the menu below. If I then try and move the beginning or end marker of the highlight, the highlight disappears. I can copy the text, but that's all.

I totally uninstalled GLA and deleted the content from storage and then re-installed. No change. I'm using a Galaxy Note 2. GLA version is 2.6.0.10. Android version 4.1.2.

I love the app and use it all the time. There are great quotes in the institute manual that I'd love to add to my notebook.Any one else have this problem? Is it a known issue? Workaround? Thanks.
lmcguire

Re: Highlighting and tagging in Book of Mormon Institute man

Post by lmcguire »

dgarvin,

This is a known issue. Bullet items cannot be highlighted. It's talked about in detail here: https://tech.lds.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=10843#

The best you can do is find a portion where the highlight will stick, and put your notes there...

FWIW,

Liz
dgarvin

Re: Highlighting and tagging in Book of Mormon Institute man

Post by dgarvin »

Thanks for the link. Yes, that is what I'm seeing. Sounds like a huge undertaking to get all this sorted out. I sincerely appreciate the work done and the value this has added so far. Keep it up. I'm a huge fan of GLA.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”