Split screen, please?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lmcguire

Split screen, please?

Postby lmcguire » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:34 pm

I just got a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and would *love* to have the Gospel Library work in split screen mode (so I can have a journal window and the Gospel Library both open at once). I don't know how hard / easy it is to add this as an option, but I'd bet I'm not the only one who would enjoy this feature.

(I'm thinking other uses would be nice too - like email and the library open, for example.)

Thanks,

Liz

lmcguire

Re: Split screen, please?

Postby lmcguire » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:19 am

Per this URL, it would be easy - just modify an XML file (but if I do it, I can't update from the store anymore, so I'd prefer you guys do it):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1985240

Scroll down to the "How to modify Apps by yourself:" section.

Thanks,

Liz

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Postby jdlessley » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:29 pm

lmcguire wrote:... it would be easy - just modify an XML file (but if I do it, I can't update from the store anymore, so I'd prefer you guys do it):

We can discuss it here, however if you want to get this request to the developers I recommend contacting the development team using "Submit a Bug Report" option in the Help menu or send an e-mail to gospel-library-android-group@ldsmail.net.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the LDS.org Help Center page or the LDSTech wiki?

lmcguire

Postby lmcguire » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Thanks, JD. I've gone ahead and emailed them too (it's not really a bug, so I didn't want to send a bug report).

Liz

jasonhyer

Postby jasonhyer » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:20 pm

This is a common request from tablet users and the development team has a ticket for the request. Including it will completely depend on the perceived need of this enhancement vs. the need for other changes in the app. A certain amount of work in the app is determined by the work requested and coordinated between the different platform developers to keep parity between platforms in the Gospel Library app. After that, they have to prioritize the work based on what will provide the biggest bang for all users.

We have a log of great ideas suggested that we just don't have the time or resources to include in the app. Over time though we hope that we can keep the app relevant to most users and provide features that can really help users in their gospel study.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Android Gospel Library”