Missing content in conference talks

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
kjpearce

Missing content in conference talks

Post by kjpearce »

I have two questions:

1) the talk by Elder Holland from the April 2010 conference is missing a major segment in the middle of the talk. That segment is indented in the on-line version. Did that have a role in why it is missing?

2) if the the April 2010 conference material is updated or if additional conferences in the future are added, how will that be updated in GLA? I don't see an option for updating the materials or adding new materials or supplementary materials.
jackcholt

Post by jackcholt »

There is indeed a problem with the indented text missing from Elder Holland's talk ("Place No More for the Enemy of My Soul").

In addition, we need to include the footnotes at the end of all talks (they are also missing) and make the numbered footnote links in the text active so tapping them will take us to them.
2) if the the April 2010 conference material is updated or if additional conferences in the future are added, how will that be updated in GLA? I don't see an option for updating the materials or adding new materials or supplementary materials.
This is a valid question that we need to discuss. Perhaps Steve Liddle knows the answer. From what I can see in the source code it appears we may have left out the ability to update the database version separate from a new version of GLA.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”