unable to sync annotations

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
Biggles

Re: unable to sync annotations

Post by Biggles »

garyriding wrote:I'm another android user experiencing the Error: Error Parsing Data problem. It's Monday morning, so it doesn't appear to just be the Sunday load problem. Help!
Thanks.
If it's any comfort I've just tried syncing my IOS Gospel Library and am getting the eternal spinner.

It's quite possible there are ongoing server problems. As I write this it is 06:28am in Salt Lake City!
jimra

Post by jimra »

Keep in mind that every time you sync, the annotations are backed up to your account on lds. org. As of Monday morning, all the annotations on my lds.org account are still missing. I would imagine the fact that annotations are missing on lds.org is indicative that something has happened to the data on the servers and is probably a reason nobody can sync.
tysonht

Post by tysonht »

Same story here. Please release update to fix the issue or provide a workaround.
Thanks!
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

It would also be nice if there was some sort of indicator to let the user know what content in Gospel Library is synced with the online study journal.
As far as I can tell, Gospel Library allows annotation in all of its content. However, the online study tool at lds.org doesn't allow annotation on its version of the same content. It might be nice to have some indication in GL telling the user: Notes made here are only available in the Gospel Library app.
And, confusingly, some content allows annotation on both platforms, but doesn't sync between the two. Specifically, Duty to God. As a YM adviser, that's one I would love to see connected.
jeremy96

Post by jeremy96 »

I can´t sync my annotations, my tablet says that it has been sync, but i can not see anything in the church page. What can I do?
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

My comments won't help you at all, beyond knowing you're not alone... If you haven't sent feedback (either in the app or from the web page), I would recommend you do.

FWIW, I've been having problems off and on for over a week with sync'ing. I only ever see errors on my tablet (which has the previous version - 2.6.1.7), never on my phone (new version 3.0.1.2), but that might be because I use the tablet more than the phone for this app, and you're less likely to "see" the error on the new version because of how it handles synchronization.

I reported the problem and got the standard response IT people give to those who get an error message about authentication (I'm an IT person, and know all the standard responses), but by then, without my changing anything, it had worked and then not worked and then worked, etc. This is still going on (even today) and can fail one minute and succeed the next...

I think they're either having problems with or they're trying to update the authentication and/or synchronization functionality and what they're doing is problematic (for the older version at least)...

My hope is that they'll figure it out soon and the problems will go away, but until they acknowledge and /or reproduce the problem, that's not likely.

Liz
leta1911

Post by leta1911 »

I have also been receiving this message lately. I followed the steps outlined in an answer below by going to menu, settings and checking and sure enough, I needed to refresh my sign in. I then realized that I had been required to change my acct password about the same time I began receiving this message. (The calling I hold right now requires I change my password on a regular basis.) I had no idea the sync was connected to my sign in information. Thank you for the help. :cool:
powells1

Post by powells1 »

My menu screen won't show up on my htc phone. Is there a way I can still sync my annotations to my other devices?
jaredeng

Post by jaredeng »

I'm using version 3.2.13 of the gospel library app on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I also get the error:
"Unable to sync your annotations because an error has occurred. Please check your username and password and try again"

However, I put in the correct username and password many times and verified it by logging onto LDS.org.
After receiving the error, I see in my username under LDS account and last sync : never.

Please help.

Thanks!
Jared
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

jaredeng wrote:I'm using version 3.2.13 of the gospel library app on my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I also get the error:
"Unable to sync your annotations because an error has occurred. Please check your username and password and try again"

However, I put in the correct username and password many times and verified it by logging onto LDS.org.
After receiving the error, I see in my username under LDS account and last sync : never.

Please help.

Thanks!
Jared
I've seen that, too. And, it appears to be a sibling to the "no reference link" error. The only way to rid myself of it was to scrub annotations and re-download them afresh. Unfortunately, that deleted some annotations I had made on the device that hadn't synced yet.
In my experience, one cause is linking to Ensign articles. Especially old articles. Especially especially segments in the old "I Have a Question" articles.
Good luck,
D.G.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”