Sync Annotation Causes Force Close on Phone Upgrade

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mll1013
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Sync Annotation Causes Force Close on Phone Upgrade

Postby mll1013 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:57 am

I recently upgraded my phone from a Moto Droid (running Froyo) to a Moto Droid2 (running Gingerbread). At first, I tried to restore the app and data from my SD card using Astro, but the app kept crashing. I uninstalled Gospel Library, deleted the databases directly from the SD card, and reinstalled from Google Play Store with a fresh copy of the latest Gospel Library app. After downloading some of the content I wanted, I tried to log back in to my LDS account, and during sync annotations, the app continues to crash. I can use the app w/o any problems when I'm not logged in, but as soon as I Sign in, the annotations attempt to sync, and the app crashes. I have even turned off indexing, in case there was some conflict in the app when trying to sync/index simultaneously. So far, I have been unable to find anyway to get the app to work while logged into my LDS account. I have nearly 5K annotations, so I'm worried that there may be limitations or problems while trying to load this database from scratch.

Thanks for any suggestions on helping me get this to work,
Mike

dammonburden
New Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:51 am

Postby dammonburden » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:14 am

Interesting! I might suggest logging into https://www.lds.org/study-tools/folders for anyone having a similar issue and check your latest notes to make sure nothing looks out of place. For the app, we have had some issues with certain tag names etc, but they are getting worked out. I would go here if that doesn't help http://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_support_-_Android#How_to_request_help

mll1013
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 pm

Postby mll1013 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Just to follow up on my original post, it turns out that the suggestion given was to try a new memory card, in case the other card was corrupt. I did install a fresh 8GB card (had a 4GB card before, but never was very close to filling it up) and the problem went away. This may be the second time I've had to install a new SD card to solve an issue with Gospel Library, which I find curious, because I don't have similar problems with SD card access when running apps, listening to apps, or taking pictures that are on the card.


Return to “Android Gospel Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest