find on page doesn't highlight search term

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
dsesplin
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm

find on page doesn't highlight search term

Postby dsesplin » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:48 pm

When I search on a page in gospel library it doesn't highlight the search term which makes it hard to locate. Am I doing something wrong?

dsesplin
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Postby dsesplin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:55 pm

anybody else having the same problem?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:26 am

dsesplin wrote:When I search on a page in gospel library it doesn't highlight the search term which makes it hard to locate. Am I doing something wrong?


I'm not sure what you mean by "search on a page", but when I search for a term on my GL for Android, it highlights the search term.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

dsesplin
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Postby dsesplin » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 pm

aebrown wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "search on a page",


If you drop down the menu button in the top right hand corner, the second option (below search) is "Find on Page". When I use this function, the search term is not highlighted.

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:24 am

dsesplin wrote:If you drop down the menu button in the top right hand corner, the second option (below search) is "Find on Page". When I use this function, the search term is not highlighted.


I don't see that option. Perhaps you're on an older version. I'm using GL for Android version 2.2.2.10 (via menu > Help > About Gospel Library). On my menu, the options are Search, Sync Now, Show Annotations, Settings, Help.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

jasonhyer
Member
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Roy, UT

Postby jasonhyer » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:50 pm

dsesplin wrote:If you drop down the menu button in the top right hand corner, the second option (below search) is "Find on Page". When I use this function, the search term is not highlighted.


Find on Page is only available in newer versions of android. I believe for sure in ICS but I'm not sure what other versions it is available in.
Jason Hyer

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 14693
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Postby aebrown » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:21 pm

jasonhyer wrote:Find on Page is only available in newer versions of android. I believe for sure in ICS but I'm not sure what other versions it is available in.


Ah, thanks for the clarification. I'm on Gingerbread, so that might very well explain why I don't see that option.

But it does still leave open the question for newer versions of Android: if the option "Find on Page" appears on the menu, shouldn't LDS Tools support it and actually find the search term on the page and highlight the hit?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

dsesplin
New Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm

Postby dsesplin » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:29 pm

aebrown wrote:
But it does still leave open the question for newer versions of Android: if the option "Find on Page" appears on the menu, shouldn't LDS Tools support it and actually find the search term on the page and highlight the hit?


It does appear to find the search term -- it is always on the screen -- it just doesn't highlight it so it is hard for me to locate it. (I'm on ics Version 2.2.2.10)


Return to “Android Gospel Library”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest