Unable to highlight all content - chapter headings, bulleted lists, etc.

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
jasonhyer

Unable to highlight all content - chapter headings, bulleted lists, etc.

Post by jasonhyer »

Many users send in requests saying that they can't highlight all the content in the app or that the only option when they highlight content is to just copy the content. As of right now, this is a limitation of the app.

In order to allow annotations to sync between mobile device content and LDS.org, each section of content must contain a unique identifier called a URI. When the content was created on LDS.org most content was given URI's but there were some exceptions, such as chapter headings, chapter summaries, bulleted lists and some other miscellaneouscontent. The mobile library content requires the same URI's in order to be able to sync the annotoations to the correct spots in other mobile devices and on LDS.org.

We couldn't assign URI's to content that didn't already have them in other platforms.
Because of the missing URI's in some content, that content cannot be highlighted or have notes associated with it.

We are aware that this is a problem and have the mobile and LDS.org content teams working on a strategy to resolve the problem. Due to the scope of the change to fix all of the content though, the solution will not be simple and will require a lot of coordination to make it work.

So though we are working on the issue, we are not sure when we will be able to implement a fix. We ask for your patience as we determine how to best resolve the issue without causing futher disruption.
Jason Hyer
jordanstevenjensen

Re: Unable to highlight all content - chapter headings, bull

Post by jordanstevenjensen »

Has there been any movement to provide the ability to highlight, link, create notes based off of chapter headings thought the LDS Gospel Library app?

I'd love to have this functionality, as the lion's share of my personal study is now being done digitally.

Thanks,

Jordan Jensen
threetone

Post by threetone »

+1 especially for bullet lists and indented blocks.

I have been enjoying highlighting in Gospel principles and other lesson manuals, but it is frustrating not to be able to highlight things that are not plain paragraph text. Anyone know of plans to fix/add this?
Zeustopher

Post by Zeustopher »

This has been something I'd like to see as well. There are places within the manual which I'd like to be able to highlight, but can't... As a teacher, I'd like to be able to fully use my device instead of needing a hard-copy of the manual.

I understand the technical details of needing to id's to sync, but is there a way we can get this added so that we can highlight even if those highlights won't sync with our account?

Is there anything we can do as a workaround?

Is there anything we can do as users to contribute to try and help get this resolved?

Thanks, Christopher

Return to “Android Gospel Library”