Cannot Sign on to LDS.org from my Kindle

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
lesliedenning

Cannot Sign on to LDS.org from my Kindle

Post by lesliedenning »

I am unable to sign on to lds.org from my Kindle. I changed my password and tried again, but it's still not working. It says that it's been 6 months since I've synced, so I know that it was working once upon a time. I just hadn't check on it in awhile. I hate to lose all my annotations. Does anyone have any suggestions?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Cannot Sign on to LDS.org from my Kindle

Post by sbradshaw »

What version of Fire OS is your Kindle running, and what version of Gospel Library do you have installed? Do you have any pending system updates or updates to Gospel Library?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
lesliedenning

Post by lesliedenning »

Thanks for answering me. I got a little distracted. My Kindle version is 7.5.1. Gospel Library is 4.2.3.2 I don't have any pending updates for Gospel Library, but it keeps telling me that if I don't sync I'll lose all my annotations.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lesliedenning wrote:Thanks for answering me. I got a little distracted. My Kindle version is 7.5.1. Gospel Library is 4.2.3.2 I don't have any pending updates for Gospel Library, but it keeps telling me that if I don't sync I'll lose all my annotations.
Fire OS 7.5.1 is based on Android 4.0.3. Android 4.0.3 hasn't received security updates for 6 or 7 years, and because of that, it isn't able to authenticate with the Church's servers, which were updated in October of last year to support newer security standards (TLS 1.2 and https://). So, unfortunately, you won't be able to sign in or sync from Gospel Library on that device.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”