Search function does not work in Gospel Library

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Seaching

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I merged this post with the existing discussion for this issue.]
viperskillz wrote:When ever I try and search anything with the Gospel Library App, it doesn't matter the word or phrase I use, it always results with a "no matches". I have looked at the advance settings and played around with them, but nothing seems to work. I have a Samsung SCH-I535 (Galaxy S3). My sister also has a Samung, but it is the Galaxy S5. She is able to do a search on her's and get results, why would I not be able to get any results. . Help in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
You may want to review other posts in this topic for ideas as to what might help. In particular, make sure that indexing is enabled, as mentioned in this post.
xin71ziz

Re: Search function does not work in Gospel Library

Post by xin71ziz »

Hey!!! I´m from Peru and I have the same problem with the searching function...the difference is that when I install it on moto g, it works perfectly the first day...but then,,pfff...nothing...I have reinstalled it many times and its the same´....every time..
trumpetmaestro

Post by trumpetmaestro »

I too am having the same problem. I am on a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Gospel Library 3.2.3.1 on Android 4.4.4. I also have a Galaxy S4, Galaxy Nexus and several tablets which search without issue. The problem is unrelated to the complexity of the search. I can search "Jesus" (see screenshot)
Screenshot_2015-01-06-22-00-44.png
(36.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
or whatever single word you like and still no results. I uninstalled/reinstalled, which provided momentary relief of the issue only ro revert back to the same problem within days if not hours. I have recently filed a help request and am waiting to hear back from it.
zoomiest

Post by zoomiest »

I vote for that. I hope they fix this bug soon.

I have an android tablet and Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and the search doesn't work on either. (Phone just searched annotations)
morullian

Post by morullian »

I have the Galaxy S5 and had the same problem. I went to "Settings", then "Advanced Options", and "Library indexing" was already checked. I decided to uncheck it and searched again. A message popped up prompting me to "Enable Indexing", pretty much saying that it's required to be able to search. I chose the "Close" option instead and continued with my search, and it worked!
zoomiest

Post by zoomiest »

Wow. That worked for me on my Android Samsung Galaxy Tablet 10.1. I now have search working! Yahoo!

Steps:
Uncheck Settings > Advanced Settings > Library Indexing
Run a search.
When message comes up to turn on indexing, say Close instead of (turn on indexing)
Run another search.
Vois la!

However, I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and it didn't work, until I closed and reopened the app, then, rechecked the Library Indexing box again. But now I have Search again!
lchanqui

Post by lchanqui »

I see that this problem is not a new one
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and for me the search function in Gospel Library stopped working sometime in 2014.
I am always hoping one of the automatic update fixes the issue but to date no such luck.
It doesn't matter if I select "find on page", or "search entire library", etc. there are always ZERO hits returned ....even for simple one word searches.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have Enabled Indexing. But the Search function just will not work.
Is anyone else still having this issue?
Is there a Fix for this issue?
Please advise
Lisa
spammywammy

Post by spammywammy »

It allows me to search if I re-install it, and then the search function breaks again in a couple weeks. It gets frustrating re-installing it over and over. Samsung Galaxy S4
guyvanhorn

Post by guyvanhorn »

Still waiting for a fix on this problem. Same as before: search function works on my Samsung Tab 3, but does not work on my Samsung Galaxy S5. I am running android version 4.4.2. and Gospel Library app version 3.2.6.0. Even basic single word searches yield no results. I've tried it both ways with indexing turned on and turned off, and there is no change. Ran the latestest update, with no success. This is really frustrating. Is this problem getting any attention from the developer?
lmcguire

Post by lmcguire »

Guyvanhorn,

If you haven't, please use the Feedback option in the app (Help > Send Feedback) to be sure the developers are aware. There's no guarantee they'll see this forum (which is for user-to-user support).

Liz

Return to “Android Gospel Library”