Scripture app that allows scribbling

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
kimble483

Scripture app that allows scribbling

Post by kimble483 »

I have promised that if someone ever made a scripture app that allowed manual entry via scribbling of notes on the borders of the text--like the old days when you actually studied--I would buy whatever pad device supported it. Anything out there like that yet?
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

i can't understand why everyone is so "app" and "pad" crazy -- i've been doing it for years already with a tablet pc and onenote -- see attached pdf file...
Attachments
scripture.demo.pdf
(485.22 KiB) Downloaded 1295 times
kimble483

Post by kimble483 »

Cool enough, but I envision an app that allows for layering comments. It appears that your app scanned a set of scriptures. Am I correct? Any search indexes available with it?
geowizrd4zion

Post by geowizrd4zion »

well, you're going to make me sound like a ms fan, which i'm definitely not. i didn't scan anything, just used the freely available pdf of the lds scriptures to "print" a copy into onenote. when you do this, the page formatting used in the hardcopy versions of the scriptures is preserved (so you have the visual reference you're used to instead of an endless stream of electronic text), but at the same time all the text is fully searchable as well. (for more info, just do an internet search for onenote make text in image searchable).

that said, i understand that it's probably not exactly what you're wishing for, which is fine. just wanted to show an example of what is available to use right now, no waiting...

Return to “Gospel Library”