Missing hymn numbers

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Missing hymn numbers

Post by lajackson »

klricks wrote:As mentioned by some of the posters above, the one feature LDS Music does not have is the ability to change font size when using the text only view.
If that issue were fixed then IMO there would be no reason to use the GL version.
Ah, yes. So true. You can change the font at the system level, but then you would have to change it back when you have finished.

Awkward, I agree.
tbadger

Post by tbadger »

Problem solved, no longer singing at church...
tbadger

Post by tbadger »

Some divine intervention must have occurred, as I now must sing. The hymn numbers have magically reappeared.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

You can also find a hymn by page number in either Gospel Library or LDS Music by typing the hymn number in search. It will appear as a suggestion as you type.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
iamgreavesy

Post by iamgreavesy »

I got a new phone and after I installed the LDS library app I no longer have page #'s in my hymn books. Super frustrating. Much harder to find music to sing. I didn't sing at church today. :(
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Try using the Sacred Music app rather than the Gospel Library app for music. I find it easier to use.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The GL app doesn't list the numbers, but you can search on it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
klricks

Post by klricks »

iamgreavesy wrote:I got a new phone and after I installed the LDS library app I no longer have page #'s in my hymn books. Super frustrating. Much harder to find music to sing. I didn't sing at church today. :(
IMO page numbers are not really needed with the titles....
Just type the page number in the search box and it jumps right to the song.
Make sure the 123 menu is selected for easier number entry.

As mentioned the stand alone music app still has page numbers.
Assistant Ward Clerk
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Hymn and song numbers don't show in Android Gospel Library, when in grid mode. This is due to a content structure change that went out on Wednesday, and will be fixed when Gospel Library 5.12.0 is released (hopefully in the next week or two). As a workaround in the meantime, you can switch to list mode in Gospel Library settings, or type the number in search, or use the Sacred Music app.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”