No in-content searching, and issues with update timing

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
mmcclanahan

No in-content searching, and issues with update timing

Post by mmcclanahan »

I need to find a way to change when and how frequently the library app updates/syncs. Though I use the app on my tablet every morning for Sunday school prep and use my home WiFi, the app updates every Sunday right in the middle of church meetings, which is very inconvenient since it stalls significantly while syncing. Is there a way to change the timing and frequency of content syncs and updates?

I would like to request that the in-content searching be put back in. It's very frustrating to look for something and end up having to wait for the app to show all possible references in the entire library. The original library app had the ability to search within, for example, just the book of Mormon or the Ensign. The current search option takes so long to find things that I just go to Google or lds.org which still isn't very efficient. Is there an in content search currently that I'm not aware of?

Also, why does the listen button disappear when you stay on, say, a conference talk for more than 2 seconds? In order to pull the listen button back up, I have to swipe to the next talk for a few seconds and then swipe back to the content I wanted to listen to. This needs correction.

Lastly, let's say I listen to Alma chapters 2-12 over couple of mornings. Each morning the window/screen starts right back at Alma 2. The app seems to have trouble remembering or keeping up with where the user left off, tending to revert back to where they started. Very tedious, esp when you cant remember where you left off.

Overall great app, and I'm glad we have these resources available. There are just some bugs that make it a tad tedious at times.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: No in-content searching, and issues with update timing

Post by rmrichesjr »

For clarification, this is a user-to-user forum. There's no guarantee anyone who can do anything to fix those issues will see this topic/thread. To report the bugs so they can be put on the list for possible fixes, the feedback feature within the app will be more reliable.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: No in-content searching, and issues with update timing

Post by sbradshaw »

Are you on Android or iOS?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”