Is there a way to get the gospel library on the smart TV? I would love to be able to pull up talk and scrip bigger scre

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
melaniematthews

Is there a way to get the gospel library on the smart TV? I would love to be able to pull up talk and scrip bigger scre

Post by melaniematthews »

I would love to be able to pull up the Gospel library on the big screen. I don't have an I phone or iPad or I - anything. I can get mormon channel but it doesn't have the scripture and talks in written form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Is there a way to get the gospel library on the smart TV? I would love to be able to pull up talk and scrip bigger

Post by russellhltn »

At this point, Gospel Library is only supported on Android, iOS and Windows 10. Chances are, you'd have to be running GL on one of those and then display the screen on the TV.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonhyer

Re: Is there a way to get the gospel library on the smart TV? I would love to be able to pull up talk and scrip bigger

Post by jasonhyer »

We've used Chromecast for years and it works quite well. We recently got a Samsung TV and I have a Samsung phone and I use the smart view casting capability and it works quite well.

If your TV has YouTube capability you can go to the MormonChannel and see a lot of content there, though not quiets as much as easily as you can through the app.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

What kind of smart TV do you have?
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
Lighter

Post by Lighter »

I have a Samsung Smart TV (2012 Make) that within the Samsung screen there is access to an internet browser, There is apparently a 1 Gig limit on the as is memory provided with the "Smart" TV. An attempt to load gospel library seems successful, initially, then there is no start icon found. Then a message comes on saying there isn't enough memory or ... An attempt to add a USB chip with lots of data and empty space on the back of the smart tv
only brought offers to display video pictures and whatever was on the chip.

So... to go further becomes futile compared to the ease of plugging in another device that runs views on the whatever BIG screen desired. As pointed out by other responders, the smart TV can display LDS Gospel Library real time. There was another message on the screen saying the Smart TV needed to be coordinated with a "device" to put on internal memory.... but that should not a problem when just plugging in an HDMI cable from, say, a PC.

Alternatively, those who put the Gospel Library together could create a learning station, like those other training groups put together,,, but because there would be too many versions simply dedicated to each brand of smart TV solutions, to keep everything exclusively on a particular brand of smart tv without external additions besides the internet, would be too expensive to keep updated.

So, as stated, the best solution at this time, to work gospel library using a smart tv is to just project to the TV. Find a device that runs Gospel Library and connect its output to the Big screen but run it all from your attached device.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Lighter wrote:I have a Samsung Smart TV (2012 Make) that within the Samsung screen there is access to an internet browser, There is apparently a 1 Gig limit on the as is memory provided with the "Smart" TV. An attempt to load gospel library seems successful, initially, then there is no start icon found. Then a message comes on saying there isn't enough memory or ... An attempt to add a USB chip with lots of data and empty space on the back of the smart tv
only brought offers to display video pictures and whatever was on the chip.

So... to go further becomes futile compared to the ease of plugging in another device that runs views on the whatever BIG screen desired. As pointed out by other responders, the smart TV can display LDS Gospel Library real time. There was another message on the screen saying the Smart TV needed to be coordinated with a "device" to put on internal memory.... but that should not a problem when just plugging in an HDMI cable from, say, a PC.

Alternatively, those who put the Gospel Library together could create a learning station, like those other training groups put together,,, but because there would be too many versions simply dedicated to each brand of smart TV solutions, to keep everything exclusively on a particular brand of smart tv without external additions besides the internet, would be too expensive to keep updated.

So, as stated, the best solution at this time, to work gospel library using a smart tv is to just project to the TV. Find a device that runs Gospel Library and connect its output to the Big screen but run it all from your attached device.
If you can launch a browser, and have an internet connection, you might try the Online Gospel Library at https://lds.org/languages/eng/lib.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

jasonhyer wrote:We've used Chromecast for years and it works quite well. We recently got a Samsung TV and I have a Samsung phone and I use the smart view casting capability and it works quite well.

If your TV has YouTube capability you can go to the MormonChannel and see a lot of content there, though not quiets as much as easily as you can through the app.
The LG TV in our ward does not have any apps. Our FM provided a WD TV streaming device, primarily to play downloaded videos from a flash drive.

Our stake has given us a Chromecast device, but I can't understand how we can possibly use it in our meetinghouse. YouTube appears to be blocked, and we have a little DSL modem that struggles to handle all the mobile devices our members bring to church. How can a Chromecast possibly benefit our teachers or leaders?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Gospel Library”