Handbook One in Gospel Library

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
supersc

Handbook One in Gospel Library

Post by supersc »

I was recently released from a calling that allowed access to HB1 in LCR and the Gospel Library app. After LCR was updated, the HB1 link dissappeared as they should on my desktop. However, weeks later HB1 is still present in my Android Gospel library, even after several updates.

I compared my app to my son in law who is a counselor in a Bishopric, and has been for some time. His LCR is good, but his IOS doesnt have HB1 in his Gospel Library.

Any suggestions on how we both can fix our app contents?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Handbook One in Gospel Library

Post by russellhltn »

I would have thought GL for iOS has Handbook 1 by now. Is he running an older device that can't get the most current version of GL?

I as for your own access, you mentioned "updates", but have you synced using your LDS Account? That's the only way it's going to learn about your release.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

During the last content update, Handbook 1 disappeared from my Gospel Library for a few days, then appeared once again. There have been other occasions when it has gone and come again.

I am not sure exactly how they keep track of special content. Both of you should make sure you are signed in through GL. After that, although you do not sync in GL, you can cause a content refresh. In Android, you pull down from the menu page. In both Android and iOS, I believe there is a menu item to refresh content.

Doing that should cause HB1 to disappear for you and appear for your son-in-law. That said, HB1 seems to come and go at a much slower pace (sometimes hours or days) than the rest of the GL content. I have not yet figured out the pattern.

Another solution might be for you to trade phones for a few days. (Just kidding.)
supersc

Post by supersc »

Synching LDSTools didn't do the trick. Even though Gospel Library showed synch 'moments ago,' that didn't work either.

So, under Settings, I signed out of GL, telling it to keep all my annotations, then signed back in, and HB1 was now gone.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

supersc wrote:So, under Settings, I signed out of GL, telling it to keep all my annotations, then signed back in, and HB1 was now gone.
Sounds like there might be a bug where it doesn't periodically check to make sure you still have rights to it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”