Gospel Library App for Mac

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
MichaelFa

Gospel Library App for Mac

Postby MichaelFa » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:53 am

I know this has been posted before, but I'm interested if anyone knows if the tech department has any plans to bring the gospel library app to Macs. The user experience of the app vs the web isn't even close. The app is phenomenally better and it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to move it over to the Mac App Store. Anyone know if this is even a priority for them right now?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library App for Mac

Postby russellhltn » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 pm

A desktop experience was never a plan. GL for Windows 8/10 exists because of Windows tablets. (Notice that GL for Windows 7 doesn't exist.) Even then, GL for Windows exists only because of volunteer developers. There's no church employees on the project like for iOS and Android.

So, if you want to see a Mac OS version, I'd suggest you find a group of Mac developers to write it. (Volunteers for beta testing doesn't count.)

That said, I think some have gotten GL to run on a Mac by setting up a Android emulator.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Gospel Library”