Scriptures and other Church Publications for Kindle

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
dawithers

Post by dawithers »

I agree with chosen. If the church were to develop its own gospel library for Kindle it would be superior to those files I offer on my blog. But until then, you can't do much better for free.
davidbcarter

Post by davidbcarter »

Although I never would have purchased a Kindle (or any other eBook reader) out of my own pocket, I am about to receive one from my employer for use at work, so now I will join the sea of voices pleading for a Kindle version of Gospel Library.
David Carter
dshurtz

Parallel Book of Mormon in Spanish (left side) and English (right side)

Post by dshurtz »

I've seen it. I even had a copy. Lost when my computer crashed. It was in PDF format. It was aligned verse by verse, paragraph by paragraph. Published by Intellectual Reserve (the Church's publishing agency).

But I can't find it again.

Can anyone help me? Maybe even send a copy to dshurtz4024@gmail.com?

Thanks
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dshurtz wrote:I've seen it. I even had a copy. Lost when my computer crashed. It was in PDF format. It was aligned verse by verse, paragraph by paragraph. Published by Intellectual Reserve (the Church's publishing agency).

But I can't find it again.
LDS Scriptures (Resource Edition) has the capability to display several language combinations side by side. Last I checked, it was available for about $5-7 or so from the LDS Distribution on CD.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

lajackson wrote:LDS Scriptures (Resource Edition) has the capability to display several language combinations side by side. Last I checked, it was available for about $5-7 or so from the LDS Distribution on CD.

You can get an updated version of the software (and scripture files) for free at http://ldsview.byu.edu/LDSView/Home.htm
smithrt

Post by smithrt »

For those who are interested I produce, for my own personal use, a Kindle version of the Ensign using Mobipocket Creator. If you want more Info contact me at zippitydoda@gmail.com

Todd
csdanson

Post by csdanson »

Have you seen that the Book of Mormon is now available for free on Amazon Kindle? It was convereted to Kindle format by a non-profit group that is doing the same with all those free classical books. It does not have footnotes or remotely similar to the Gospel Library. I've got it on my Kindle now. They also have done "Jesus the Christ" and "The Great Apostasy" by Talmage as well. Here is a link to amazon.comto see for yourself.
Never give up, never surrender!
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

smithrt wrote:For those who are interested I produce, for my own personal use, a Kindle version of the Ensign using Mobipocket Creator. If you want more Info contact me at zippitydoda@gmail.com

Todd
I also just tried using Calibre (which is free) to convert the .epub version of the November 2011 Ensign to .mobi and it worked just fine (once in .mobi format, I plugged my Kindle Touch into my computer and copied the .mobi to /documents). It takes a few minutes, but the links within the table of contents to the articles (conference talks) works one the ones I tested.

Hopefully the Church is okay if I do this for personal use. :)

NOTE: The .epub file seems to be only available for the most recent conference :-(

Return to “Gospel Library”