Future requests

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
ThomasLDS01

Future requests

Post by ThomasLDS01 »

Hello,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have patriarchal blessings available in the gla? I've got mine as a pdf in my tablet, but it's awkward to use.

I was also wondering if there could be a section, listing the wording for the priesthood ordinances. I'm sure theyre in the handbook but a quick reference when needed would be ideal. I can't decide if this would be better in Gla or lds tools.

I'm using a separate app for this at present.

Thanks,

Thomas
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Future requests

Post by aebrown »

ThomasLDS01 wrote:I'm wondering if it would be possible to have patriarchal blessings available in the gla? I've got mine as a pdf in my tablet, but it's awkward to use.
The suggestion to add personal content has been made many times on the forum. You may find it interesting to review this post and its response.

But as with all suggestions, it's great to discuss them here on the forum, but if you want decision makers to see your request, it's best to use the in-app Feedback option.
ThomasLDS01 wrote:I was also wondering if there could be a section, listing the wording for the priesthood ordinances. I'm sure theyre in the handbook but a quick reference when needed would be ideal. I can't decide if this would be better in Gla or lds tools.
This content is already in Gospel Library. As you noted, ordinances are described in the Handbook, specifically in chapter 20 of Handbook 2. They are also in the Family Guidebook (in Gospel Library in the Family section) in a chapter titled "Priesthood Ordinances and Blessings." It's simple enough to bookmark either of those places.

So I don't see much value in duplicating that existing content one more time. But again, if you'd like to make that request, use the Feedback option in the app.
hiltonc

Re: Future requests

Post by hiltonc »

I think it would be great if Gospel Library had answer boxes in the search, much like Google does. For example, if I searched for "blessing sick", it would detect that I'm probably searching for how to perform a blessing, and provide an answer box as the first result, along with a link for more information.

Return to “Gospel Library”