Handbook 1 problem

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
wchardy

Handbook 1 problem

Post by wchardy »

I recently (past 4 weeks) got called to be a Bishop and I can log onto LDS.org and access handbook 1 but on the gospel library I can not. Same user name and PW. Please advise on what I should do. Thx
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Handbook 1 problem

Post by lajackson »

wchardy wrote:I recently (past 4 weeks) got called to be a Bishop and I can log onto LDS.org and access handbook 1 but on the gospel library I can not.
If you are using an iOS device, access to Handbook 1 comes and goes. I do not know if it is there right now or not. If you are using an Android or other operating system device, there has never been access to Handbook 1.

I am not an iDevice user, so I do not know if they actually got Handbook 1 through Gospel Library or not. If you use iOS and do not have it, I would suggest sending feedback through the device app help system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure as all platforms support Handbook 1 yet. It requires the code to be changed to look at your calling to see what you have access to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:
wchardy wrote:I recently (past 4 weeks) got called to be a Bishop and I can log onto LDS.org and access handbook 1 but on the gospel library I can not.
If you are using an iOS device, access to Handbook 1 comes and goes. I do not know if it is there right now or not. If you are using an Android or other operating system device, there has never been access to Handbook 1.

I am not an iDevice user, so I do not know if they actually got Handbook 1 through Gospel Library or not. If you use iOS and do not have it, I would suggest sending feedback through the device app help system.
On my iPad, Gospel Library is showing H1 at the moment. It is located under Leadership and is actually next to H2 on my device. Make doubly sure you are logged into your Lds Account within Gospel Library and then do a sync. After the sync it still might take a little time to appear.

As lajackson states on an iOS device, Handbook 1 does come and go.

Return to “Gospel Library”