ARC Welder: Gospel Library for Mac/PC

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

ARC Welder: Gospel Library for Mac/PC

Post by sbradshaw »

Google recently released an extension to Google Chrome that lets you run Android applications on Macs and other desktop computers. It's called ARC Welder and it runs more smoothly than any other program I've used for running Android: BlueStacks, VirtualBox, Android Studio, etc.

I've installed Gospel Library, LDS Music, and LDS Tools on my Mac so far, and here's what I've found:
  • ARC Welder uses significantly less RAM than other Android-running programs.
  • Apps are responsive, pretty much like they're running natively on a mobile device.
  • Apps can be added to the dock so they're just as easy to use as a native app.
In ARC Welder I chose the landscape+tablet screen configuration. I used this method to install multiple apps, as Chrome "unpacked extensions." Then they can be launched through the Chrome extensions tab.

After you launch an app, you can keep it in the OS X dock by control-clicking its icon and choosing Options > Keep in Dock.

To get the .apk files for LDS apps, you need to join the corresponding LDSTech project(s): Mormon Channel Android, Gospel Library Android, LDS Tools Android, Bible Videos Android, LDS Music Android, Book of Mormon Android, FamilySearch Tree Android, Scripture Mastery Android, FamilySearch Memories Android, LDS Youth Android, Mormon Tabernacle Choir Android, Gospel Media Android, Just Serve Android

Then you'll be able to download them from https://tech.lds.org/dl/android/.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
FOGOplayer

Re: ARC Welder: Gospel Library for Mac/PC

Post by FOGOplayer »

Do we know what steps we would need to take to publish these apps in the Chrome Web Store? I have never seen an ARC app work better than Gospel Library, and I load a new one every week or so.
elderortega

Post by elderortega »

It is not working now with version APK version 4.

Does anyone know what to do to get it working on ARCWelder... It is not downloading content.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Downloads aren't working because the current version of ARC doesn't have a functioning Android System DownloadManager. Hopefully ARC Welder is updated at some point.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

It looks like ARC Welder has been updated, but unfortunately it now says "Not Compatible" on Macs and PCs – Chrome OS required. I'm not sure if it's temporary or permanent. For now, this option for running Gospel Library on a Mac or PC is out. :(

Return to “Gospel Library”