"Bolding" for text within Notes

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
kthcls1976

"Bolding" for text within Notes

Post by kthcls1976 »

Is there a possibility of adding a "bolding" feature when we are making Notes within Gospel Library? I cut-and-paste information into my Notes which is sometimes pretty lengthy. So, in order to summarize a lengthy Note I type a summary at the top in capital and bold letters. The capitalization/bolding makes the summary standout from the rest of the verbiage. It could be a "B" button much like what is found in Microsoft Word or most email programs. Also, I think other users would like to be able to "bold" certain word with the text of notes.

What do you think?

P.S. I notice there is a "B" button at the top left of this message but I don't know how to use it.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: "Bolding" for text within Notes

Post by jdlessley »

kthcls1976 wrote: P.S. I notice there is a "B" button at the top left of this message but I don't know how to use it.
The menu of buttons above the text box used to create or edit a post insert text formatting tags. The bold "B" button inserts the tags for bold text. It can be used in two ways. If you click the bold button before typing the text you want bold then you will have to insert, or type, the text between the tags. Or as I prefer, you can type the text, select the text, and then click the bold button. The tags will then be inserted around the text.

Further help for editing posts in phpBB, the forum software, can be found on this page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
ToManyLetters

Post by ToManyLetters »

The Windows team was, at one point, planning to include a WYSIWYG editor for the notes feature in Gospel Library for Windows. Supposedly, the web service (that is used to sync annotations) supports some basic HTML that would have allowed us to do this. In practice, however, the web service throws a conniption fit when something as simple as a special character is used in HTML (this was actually the cause of two different note bugs that have been fixed recently--one with the &, the other with the double space. In both cases, the app was trying to pass the info on as HTML--& and &nbsp, respectively. However, the web service choked on it, rejected the note, and caused it to vanish in the app as a result.)

TL;DR: The Windows team wanted to, but limitations in the syncing engine make it impossible.
Learn more about Gospel Library for Windows 10 Beta at the link below:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_10
kthcls1976

Post by kthcls1976 »

Is there a way to "cut-and-paste" text from another source into a Note within Gospel Library? I've tried it, but, there isn't a "paste" feature to insert text in Gospel Library Notes.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kthcls1976 wrote:Is there a way to "cut-and-paste" text from another source into a Note within Gospel Library? I've tried it, but, there isn't a "paste" feature to insert text in Gospel Library Notes.
You already asked that question in another topic (see this post). Please follow the Code of Conduct and "Do not post the same material in multiple threads."

Return to “Gospel Library”