Songbook in other languages Please

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
SherlockAdam

Songbook in other languages Please

Post by SherlockAdam »

I have been asked to phrase this question by a ward member, as I am English speaking and he isn´t.

He would like to request that a Dutch version of the Hymnbook becomes available for the Android Gospel Library App.

I would also like it happen, though for myself I think it should be a cross platform roll out.

It would save the Church time, money and resources if all the appd used the same format, so one release fits all! (Of course this has be said in the Windows section.)

Thanks & best regards
Adam
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Songbook in other languages Please

Post by sbradshaw »

The Dutch hymnbook will be coming to Gospel Library (on all platforms) in the next few months, along with hymnbooks and Children's Songbooks in several other languages.

Church songbooks in various languages are being transcribed by volunteers in the LDS Music Content project here at LDSTech. From there, they go directly into the LDS Music app. The LDS Music app is currently only for iOS; but will be for Android soon. The Dutch hymnbook is already available in LDS Music.

We are in the process of preparing these collections so they can go into the Gospel Library, too. Later this year you can expect to see them in Gospel Library and on LDS.org.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
SherlockAdam

Post by SherlockAdam »

Hi Samuel,

Thank you very much for this good news.

Quick question, will there be a Windows LDS Music app?

Can you please post the link for assisting in the transcribing into Dutch? I might have some spare time!

Thank you again & best regards
Adam
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

SherlockAdam wrote:Hi Samuel,
Thank you very much for this good news.
Quick question, will there be a Windows LDS Music app?
Can you please post the link for assisting in the transcribing into Dutch? I might have some spare time!
Thank you again & best regards
Adam
I know that developers were working on an LDS Music app for Windows about a year ago, but I don't know what the current plans are. I'll send you a private message with the email address of the main contact who was working on LDS Music for Windows.

This page has instructions for joining the LDS Music Content project:
https://tech.lds.org/wiki/LDS_Music_Con ... y_Project)

Are you familiar with HTML? If so, we would love your help preparing the frontmatter and backmatter of the Dutch hymnbook and Children's Songbook to be published in Gospel Library.

If you don't know HTML, we'd love your help transcribing the Dutch "Music from the Liahona" collection.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Gospel Library”