Gospel Library for Nook Color?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
michaelrcasey

Gospel Library for Nook Color?

Post by michaelrcasey »

So my dad gave me his old Nook Color after getting a new Android tablet. I erased the device so i could register it to my Barnes and Noble account, and went to their app store to reinstall the Gospel Library app that he had on it before. Lo and behold, the Gospel Library app seems to have disappeared from the selection of apps available on the Nook.

I did some research on the subject and found that after a long wait, Nook Color users finally got the Gospel Library app sometime last year. It has since been pulled form the store. Other church apps, like LDS Tools, are still available for the Nook. Newer Nook models, like the Nook HD, recently got access to the Google Play store, so they will be able to download the Gospel Library app that way. Unfortunately, we lonely Nook Color users still seem to be stranded without a Gospel Library app. Is there any chance this will change, and we'll get the Gospel Library on the Nook Color again? Also, does anyone know why it was pulled in the first place? (I know you can get an ePub version of the scriptures, but that's not as good as the app.) Alternately, does anyone know some sneaky way to get an apk of the Gospel Library app installed on the Nook? Thanks for your help.
jasonhyer

Re: Gospel Library for Nook Color?

Post by jasonhyer »

Barnes and Nobel pulled the app from the market after they did a update to their Nook HD and HD+ tablets that broke the Gospel Library app. Though both of those devices now use the Google Play store they chose to pull the app from the B&N store because of the HD issues. This made the app unavailable for the other Nook tablets.

We have submitted the new release of the Gospel Library app (2.5) to the B&N store and it will be available as soon as B&N approves the app.

NOTE: This will not fix the issue for Nook HD and HD+ users. They will need to get the 2.5 release from the Google Play store when it is released.
Jason Hyer
michaelrcasey

Post by michaelrcasey »

Thanks! It's nice to know the Gospel Library app is on its way.
tahoemom

Post by tahoemom »

Is there any change that gospel library will be available for the nook color?

Return to “Gospel Library”