Gospel Library for Macbook Pro

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
christopherst

Gospel Library for Macbook Pro

Postby christopherst » Fri May 10, 2013 10:57 am

I was wondering if the Gospel Library App in the App Store is available for the Mac Desktop and Laptops? Its kind of lame that it comes on mobile devices and not on the desktop or laptop. I realize that there is lds.org that has scriptures and what not, but im not always connected to the internet on my Macbook Pro laptop. Is this version coming out soon?

The LDS Church responded on May 9, 2013 at 9:53 PM as follows:
Dear Christopher Stapleton,

Thank you for contacting lds.org. We sincerely apologize for not responding to you sooner. The Response Team is made up of Church Service Missionaries and volunteers. Our numbers are few, and we are working diligently at getting caught up!

It is my understanding that the Gospel Library app works on all Apple products; it is available from the app store. I have the app on my iPhone, iPod and iPad (Sadly, I do not personally own a MacBook.) If this is not the case, we would invite you to contact tech.lds.org, which is the official technology site of the Church. They will hopefully have the answers you seek, as they are the developers of the Gospel Library app. They have forums there, wherein your concern may have been already discussed and addressed. They also have an “Ask a Question” section which will allow you to post question regarding the Gospel Library and the MacBook..

Sincerely,

SS, Response Team Volunteer

aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library for Macbook Pro

Postby aebrown » Fri May 10, 2013 11:49 am

christopherst wrote:I was wondering if the Gospel Library App in the App Store is available for the Mac Desktop and Laptops? Its kind of lame that it comes on mobile devices and not on the desktop or laptop. I realize that there is lds.org that has scriptures and what not, but im not always connected to the internet on my Macbook Pro laptop. Is this version coming out soon?

Although I have heard nothing about a specific desktop version coming out, there are options for running a version on a desktop by using an emulator that allows you to run mobile apps. See the Gospel Library app for Desktop PC topic for some ideas.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Gospel Library for Macbook Pro

Postby russellhltn » Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Except for some CDs that were published many years ago, the church has never targeted Gospel Library for any PC.
Have you searched the Wiki?
Try using a Google search by adding "site:tech.lds.org/wiki" to the search criteria.

Return to “Gospel Library”