Gospel Library for Windows 8

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
galego2

Re: Gospel Library for Windows 8

Post by galego2 »

I have been lurking and following these threads for about a year now. With movement happening, I want to make sure a major bug I have seen is checked for the next update. I might be mistaken, but it seems the app is storing some sort of information in SkyDrive. The app worked on all of my devices. Then, I applied the Windows 8.1 update on one of my devices (Surface Pro). After applying the 8.1 Preview update, the app stopped working on the Surface Pro device and I assumed that was simply due to Windows 8.1 Preview issues. However, the app then stopped working on other devices (HP Pavilion desktop, ASUS VivoTab RT, Surface RT, Samsung Series 7 Slate). After applying the final Windows 8.1 image, the app continued to not work - even on clean installs of machines. However, on all of those same machines, the app works great on every other user account on the device. As such, I can't use the app at all on any device right now.
BowmanDH

Post by BowmanDH »

I think we have this licked in the beta version I am testing right now.
barney42

Post by barney42 »

Hey Bowman, would love to run the beta and help ling any bugs in it if I could. Also, one of the biggest features lacking (which I feel should have been one of the first things included) is the ability to mark verses and sync to our gospel accounts. Please ask the team if they can make that a priority. Thank you guys for your hard work.
martin_mortensen

Post by martin_mortensen »

I can help test.
clintlfinch

Post by clintlfinch »

Update received today and the Gospel Library now works for me. What a great Christmas present. :)
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

clintlfinch wrote:Update received today and the Gospel Library now works for me. What a great Christmas present. :)
So now you have me curious, what was the update? Like many, I made the switch to the Windows OS for business purposes and am anxiously waiting for LDS Tools and a fully equivalent version of the Gospel Library.
clintlfinch

Post by clintlfinch »

I don't remember the change log, I just got a notice from the store an update was available so I went and ahead and updated. before the update, none of my content would open, now it does.
israelordaz

Post by israelordaz »

Spanish Version

Hello Brothers. I´ll like to help in the Gospel Library Spanish version. How can I help?

Israel Ordaz
Mexico e-mail ord12002@byui.edu
forbushd

Post by forbushd »

I can provide assistance in testing any beta version of the application. I currently have a Dell Venue 8 Pro, an x86-based Windows 8.1 device, that is available which could be used for such purposes. I can also help with translation work in Brazilian Portuguese, either in the actual translation or in verification.

Return to “Gospel Library”