Gospel Library for Windows 8

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
joe_coolish

Re: Gospel Library for Windows 8

Post by joe_coolish »

No problem :)

Things are going well! Im almost done with the referencing system, and then all I need to add is the Bookmarking piece and then I'll publish what I have so far.

Stay tuned!
Eric84

Post by Eric84 »

Thanks for the update!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

joe_coolish wrote:and then I'll publish what I have so far.
Please note that if you are using any Church APIs in your application (and it most certainly sounds like you are), you'll need to follow correct legal procedures to get permission to use those APIs before you publish any app that uses those APIs. This is documented in the wiki article Third-party API for gospel content.

It sounds like you're making a great contribution to the Windows 8 space through your efforts on this application. If you haven't done so already, getting proper permission will make sure that these efforts are legal and properly approved.
joe_coolish

Post by joe_coolish »

Thanks for the heads up aebrown. I just printed the form and I'll sign and submit tonight!

Also, what is the process to get the project hosted in LDSTech? I would like the project to eventually become the official application. I've talked with a few other people in the community, but if you have any insight, it would be very helpful!

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

joe_coolish wrote:Also, what is the process to get the project hosted in LDSTech? I would like the project to eventually become the official application. I've talked with a few other people in the community, but if you have any insight, it would be very helpful!
Just send your request to tech@ldschurch.org -- that will go to the people who could consider and approve that request.
hmsummit

Post by hmsummit »

I'll help test also. Thanks for you time and effort!
jensenkr00

Post by jensenkr00 »

I would love to help test if you're still looking for more help. Grateful for the time you're putting into this project, it's needed.
JohnnyBawesome

Post by JohnnyBawesome »

I would love to help with testing as well. I have a Surface RT and a Windows 8 Pro desktop. If you already have enough help I look forward to seeing the final product :)
andrewjones1

Post by andrewjones1 »

hay,
I can help too I can develop and made a few windows 8 apps love to see the final thing I have been waiting so long for gospel library on windows 8 It will help with lessons a lot. I'm also good at graphics.
dougcoburn

Post by dougcoburn »

I have a Surface and I would love to see the Gospel Library available in the store for my device. I'm a software engineer with both Linux and Windows experience. Let me know if you need any help.

Return to “Gospel Library”