I started working on a prototype this last weekend, and I am now to a point that I would like to share with the community.
I have access to the iPad edition and that is my baseline for v1.0 functionality.
What I have completed:
- Gospel Library downloading and conversion to a format that works with Windows 8
- Basic navigation including 3 levels of content organization (Content Folders/Books, Book details and chapters, and chapter content)
- Basic Windows 8 contracts (Search (very basic), Settings, etc)
- Unit Tests for data downloading and conversion
What I need now:
- Graphics and graphic design help
- Project management here on LDS Tech
- Project Guidance
There are some caveats to testing Windows 8 applications. You must have Visual Studio 2013 installed on your computer and a Developer license in order to side load applications on to your devices. I have an MSDN subscription so I have no idea how much either one of those costs.
Graphics help and design reviews would be the most helpful at the moment. Please contact me if you can help out. (I've also attached a screenshot to help prove my need for help in this area)
Any feedback would also be greatly appreciated.