Problems with Kindle Gospel Library APP

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
manz813

Problems with Kindle Gospel Library APP

Postby manz813 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:45 pm

I have a KindleFire HD and have downloaded the Gospel Library App to use in teaching my YM class. I downloaded the Come Follow Me curriculum and all of the General Conference talks in addition to all of the available Ensigns, however, when I am looking at the lessons in the Come Follow Me curriculum and press a link for a correlating Conference talk, a little box appears saying that the content is not available. My wife has an iPhone and she downloaded all of the same things I did and when she presses the link, it takes her straight to the talk. Is there something else I need to do to get the link to work correctly on my KindleFire HD?

BJamin@1993

Re: Problems with Kindle Gospel Library APP

Postby BJamin@1993 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:30 am

I am having the same issue. All my scriptures seem to be intact but since the update over the weekend, March 9, 10, 2013 I have lost most of my Sunday School manuals, specifically the Doctrine and Covenants Teachers manual and some General Conference talks. How do I recover from this problem? I have deleted all indexing data and all content data but I am still missing certain documents. The spouses Kindle HD is not having the same problem.

BJamin@1993

Postby BJamin@1993 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:22 pm

I resolved the issue by removing the library from my amazon.com account. That seemed to completely remove it from my Kindle. I tried to download the app again from my Kindle but that didn't work. I went back to amazon.com, re-purchased the free app. At that point it displayed back on my Kindle but now the missing content was restored.

BJamin@1993

Postby BJamin@1993 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 am

The saga continues. I am embarrassed to say that I have discovered a symptom that I believe has been here all the time but I didn't put it together until recently. It seems that when I add a new tag the library accepts it almost every time. In the week that I have been working on this hypothesis I haven't seen it fail.
On the other hand if I want to add an existing tag to a verse it never holds that tag. During this same period it has never successfully made an association with an existing tag. Usually I highlight the verse, go to tags, enter the tag I want to use, tap the check box and then after about 5 seconds it seems to remove the highlight and leaves no trace that I ever intended to tag the passage. When a tag is added and then a few minutes later i go back to tag something else the last tag successfully used is still there. When i try to make the tag association with existing tags those items never show up on the last used list so I know it didn't successfully make the association.
If I want to add a note that rarely fails but what is going on with tags? Is the Kindle phoning home to LDS.org to save each tag as I enter it? I can't figure out why notes seem to reflect success immediately but tags take several seconds before it dumps, deletes, removes the tag association.

Return to “Gospel Library”