Manuals available in additional languages from lds.org, but not in the GL

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
portersb

Manuals available in additional languages from lds.org, but not in the GL

Post by portersb »

Preach My Gospel, Instutute manuals, etc. are currently only available in English through the Gospel Library app, but the Manuals section of lds.org has these available in multiple languages.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

The mobile applications development area is a community of volunteers. The translation effort requires some volunteers to move this effort forward. Perhaps you are willing to volunteer your time? See the Introduction to LDSTech Projects as a starting point to find out what you can do. The Mobile Gospel Library Project article provides a good listing of mobile projects.

There is a priority for the Gospel Library Project. the top of the list are the scriptures, study helps and so on. Preach My Gospel and Institute Manuals may be a bit farther down the list.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
portersb

Post by portersb »

I'm certainly willing to contribute in any way that I can, but it is not clear to me in what ways I can contribute with this specific issue. References to foreign language support were difficult for me to find, and none of them seemed to be about contributing.

The materials have already been translated and published digitally, so I'd imagine that it should involve the same process that was required to integrate them in English in the first place.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

It is not the materials that need translation but the development of the Gospel Library application in different languages within the different operating systems. You would have to choose one or more operating system teams to join. You can contact the team lead of each operating system for further information about language support needed.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Gospel Library”