Here are my thoughts:
- It's read only; leave the administrative functions to the web site tool.
- Synchronize the classes shown to the check boxes on the web application. Give the user an interface on the mobile device to select which classes are shown.
- Selecting a lesson opens the manual I've already downloaded to Gospel Library on my mobile device.
I see some potential issues:
- What do you do if the user hasn't downloaded the required manual to the mobile device's Gospel Library? Prompt the user to download it? Give the user the option to go to the URL? How about an option that automatically downloads lessons to the mobile device a week prior to the lesson being given? We don't want to kill church internet connections with everyone downloading lessons at the beginning of the class
- The Lesson Schedules tool is currently adding the ability to specify a URL for lessons. This should be available by the end of 2012. This will allow for things like Teaching for Our Times (TFOT) lessons to have a link to the conference talk. However, the talk could be available in the Gospel Library, which has a better user interface than going to the URL. Is there a convenient way to associate a URL to an item in the mobile device's Gospel Library and use it instead?
I know most people here have no control over what the church decides to implement, but thought I'd post this for thoughts and discussion.