Gospel Library for Windows/OS X?

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
Jammrock

Gospel Library for Windows/OS X?

Post by Jammrock »

While the online tools are great I would love to see a Gospel Library porgram for regular old operating systems. Or perhaps an html5 interpretation of GL through a web browser. The new GL app is an amazing consolidation tool to access church resources and annotated scriptures. I would love to use it on my desktop or laptop.
thoughton

Re: Gospel Library for Windows/OS X?

Post by thoughton »

I echo the call for the Gospel Library app to be made available for the desktop (Win7, Win8, Mac OSX, etc.). It's a great tool for the mobile device, all the more reason to make it available for the laptop and desktop.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Gospel Library for Windows/OS X?

Post by sbradshaw »

I agree that it would be great, but I think the limitation is lack of resources in the ICS department (that is, all resources are focusing on other priorities). Windows 8 does have a Gospel Library app: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Library_for_Windows_8

Windows 7 does not, nor does OS X. I don't think the church has developed any apps that run on OS X, apart from the Java-based Indexing software – so I wouldn't be surprised if there are 0 developers at the church who develop for OS X.

I believe that the Windows 8 app was started by a volunteer and donated to the church. The same is true for the LDS Music mobile app. This is the most likely way for a Windows 7 or OS X app to get officially adopted/developed by the church.

Return to “Gospel Library”