Can't Download Any Content

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Can't Download Any Content

Post by sbradshaw »

OK, good to know. I knew there were some problems with T-Mobile's Web Guard, but I didn't know about Verizon FamilyBase.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
rmcphie

Post by rmcphie »

Thanks for the useful comments on this thread. I have a Samsung phone for my son that is linked to Verizon Smart Family (formerly family base) and he can't download anything on gospel library, including catalog updates.

I've tried adding "lds.org" to the list of trusted sites, but that doesn't help. Are there other URLs I should add? I'd really like to keep using Verizon Smart Family.

Thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rmcphie wrote:I've tried adding "lds.org" to the list of trusted sites, but that doesn't help.
You might want to try trusting *.lds.org. That may allow trusting all the lds.org domains and not just "lds.org".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rmcphie

Post by rmcphie »

Thanks for the tip -- just tried it, but unfortunately Verizon "smart" family doesn't allow wildcards.

Any guesses on some specific domains I could try to add that are the source of gospel library mobile downloads?

All the best!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

ldscdn.org is also used, but I don't know all of the subdomains of lds.org and ldscdn.org if you have to add each subdomain separately.
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.
MBrunner

Post by MBrunner »

Swiping down from the library homepage worked for me. This was a fresh install on an Android tablet, but I still couldn't download anything. There may be a glitch in the initial catalog download when you install the app, but swiping down fixed that, and then I could download everything. Thanks all for the help!
masonrtomlinson

Post by masonrtomlinson »

It seems this issue is caused by the app not having the permission to write to storage. I fixed it (on Android 9) by going into settings, tapping apps, tapping gospel library, tapping permissions, and then checking the storage permission.
brettbakerdc

Post by brettbakerdc »

masonrtomlinson wrote:It seems this issue is caused by the app not having the permission to write to storage. I fixed it (on Android 9) by going into settings, tapping apps, tapping gospel library, tapping permissions, and then checking the storage permission.
This worked for me. Thank you!
globi84

Post by globi84 »

Hi together

I have the same issue, but in my case i don't have any protection app. I find out that in my case, i cant download anything when i am not connected to a wifi network.

When i try to download something it will wait in loop until to next wifi connection.

How can i fix it?

I have android 8.1 with November update and gospel library 5.0.3

Regards
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

globi84 wrote:i cant download anything when i am not connected to a wifi network.
Go into the settings of Gospel Library and set "Limit Mobile Network Use" to "off" (grayed out)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Gospel Library”