Stake Events do not appear on Administrator Calendar

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
sjpynes

Stake Events do not appear on Administrator Calendar

Post by sjpynes »

I am authorized as a ward web site administrator. When I click into the "Administrator Options" and then click into the "Ward Calendar" I see the display of the ward calendar.

The calendar shows the "Churchwide Events" (in black) and the "Ward" events, but the "Stake Events" (supposed to be in blue) do not show up at all (in any color).

Is this the same for everyone else?

If so, is that the way it's suppose to be, or is this a bug?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

This is normal. There really isn't much need for the stake items to show on your administrator calender. If you need to see something to see if it conflicts with a ward event, you can always view the calendar available for the members.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You'd think if Church Wide events appeared that the stake events that got pushed down to the ward calendar would appear too. I think it would be a be a good idea to show the pushed down stake events. Not only to avoid conflict but to avoid duplication.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

I agree. I will add it as a suggestion for a future release of the stake and ward web site.
sjpynes

Post by sjpynes »

RussellHltn wrote:You'd think if Church Wide events appeared that the stake events that got pushed down to the ward calendar would appear too. I think it would be a be a good idea to show the pushed down stake events. Not only to avoid conflict but to avoid duplication.

This is exactly my present problem. We put all our 2008 Ward events in the calendar at the end of 2007 and then in January the stake put in Stake Events, may of which duplicate our ward events. In order to now eliminate the duplicate Ward events it takes a lot of jumping back and forth.

If a ward administrator could see the Stake Events on the administrative calendar the process of eliminating duplicates would be greatly improved.

Thanks for the info.
dobrichelovek

Multiple calendars

Post by dobrichelovek »

As has been suggested otherwise, the ability to turn on calendars and turn them back off again is desirable. It would be particularly nice if the 'other calendar' radio buttons would show some sort of sign (by appearing with an asterisk or a different color) to indicate that the calendar has items that are pertinent to the current calendar that aren't shown. This way, an administrator could easily turn on the Stake calendar (or the resource calendar) while entering events and turn it off again when needed. Flexibility would be the key. It would be even greater if there was a way to identify scheduling conflicts, but that would require some deeper thinking than I am doing right now.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”