MLS Companion Database

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
mbsteed

MLS Companion Database

Post by mbsteed »

MLS Companion Database:

http://web.mac.com/marlo.steed/MemDbase/

The MLS Companion Database is designed to provide useful information to church leaders interested in keeping notes on member interviews and can be installed and used on personal computers. There is also a program to facilitate sending out electronic ward bulletin e-mails and another application that would work for YSA FHE coordinators to make group assignments and e-mail groups.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

mbsteed wrote:MLS Companion Database:

The MLS Companion Database is designed to provide useful information to church leaders interested in keeping notes on member interviews and can be installed and used on personal computers. There is also a program to facilitate sending out electronic ward bulletin e-mails and another application that would work for YSA FHE coordinators to make group assignments and e-mail groups.
Note to the community:

This "advertisement" is allowed because it is an open-source project that has been discussed frequently here on this forum, with many of our own users contributing to the project.
mbsteed

Clarification

Post by mbsteed »

Thanks for the clarification. Right, I should have explained that - this is hardly an advertisement for a product, rather it is meant as an offer to share resources - the programs are free to download. The programs have been compiled into stand alone applications that don't require any other software application.

The source code is also available for anyone interested in adapting it and folks are welcome to use or adapt it for their own purposes. The code was created in Filemaker which is a commercial program, so you would need that to customize the application. However Filemaker is not needed to run the applications - hence the term "stand alone".

Hope that clarifies things.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

I think that this is a very cool project! Nice work! I'm using it regularly.

Tom
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

I have upgraded the system to version 2.2

The main difference is that a stake/mission version of the program has been created, as well as a new web site, and video tutorials were added. In addition, minor errors were fixed. Another feature is the use an electronic questionnaire which can then be used as a data source for the MLS Companion Database (probably only practical for YSA wards because of the time it takes to transfer the data). Will be posting a video on how to do that soon.
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

oops,

There was a problem with the Update feature of the program so it didn't update all the information from the previous version. That should be corrected now. However, if you downloaded the program on Wednesday Feb 20, before 2:00 PM Mountain Standard time - please download and reinstall it and then try the update again. Hopefully it is fixed.
marianomarini

Italian Translation

Post by marianomarini »

I'm interested to translate it in italian and makes some changes, if needed; which compiler do I need to use?
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

You could take the source Filemaker files and customize those. It would require Filemaker Pro Advanced. The Advanced version allows you to compile run-time versions that are stand alone applications. The source files are available for download at the site.

marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Ok. I'll check out and see. Thanks.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

I tried several times to run MembeshipMaster2 but no chance to get it work.
At the start it asks for a password, showing Windows user name.
Actualy there is no password to it. I tried to setup one but non chance any ways.
How can I overpass password check?
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).

Return to “Links & Resources”