Looking for International Members

Share discussions around the Classic Local Unit Website (LUWS).
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Looking for International Members

Post by barkeraj »

Greetings,

My name is Aaron Barker and I am an Interaction Designer for the church. We are in the very early stages of a better version of the site for international users and are looking for some help. We thought the fine users of the Tech site would be a good place to start.

We understand that there are many things we need to account for as we start customizing for specific countries and cultures. Such as how colors mean different things, local symbol usage (check marks, etc), how alphabets work in different languages, etc.

So we are looking for members who can help us with these internationalization efforts who would allow us to interview them, show concepts, provide ideas, all that good stuff.

We are especially looking for international bishops.

If you are interested in helping with this effort please contact me via Private Message with your name, contact info and where you are located.

Hopefully it goes without saying, but so we don't have to say it over and over... you may be shown early concepts for things that we don't want in the public eye quite yet. So you will be requested to keep things you see confidential. Please understand and agree to this before contacting me.

Feel free to ask any questions here and I will answer what I can.

Thanks!!

PS - This isn't necessarily for the LUWS. This is just where the most activity was so I figured I'd go to where the people are.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.

Return to “Classic Ward & Stake Sites (LUWS)”