New.Lds.Org - Exporting

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
techgy
Community Moderators

New.Lds.Org - Exporting

Post by techgy »

It would appear that there are restrictions on Exporting a membership list for the new directory application. I serve as an Asst. Stake Clerk and when I attempt to export a list of members, that feature (Exporting) only appears on the menu of my home ward. Thus I am unable to do any exporting for any other wards in the stake.

It's possible that my calling doesn't permit this level of access. Does anyone know what levels of access are required for this feature?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

techgy wrote:It would appear that there are restrictions on Exporting a membership list for the new directory application. I serve as an Asst. Stake Clerk and when I attempt to export a list of members, that feature (Exporting) only appears on the menu of my home ward. Thus I am unable to do any exporting for any other wards in the stake.

It's possible that my calling doesn't permit this level of access. Does anyone know what levels of access are required for this feature?
As near as I can tell, it has nothing to do with your calling or level of access. When my stake president last looked at this, he also could only export for his own ward.

I don't think that's a good implementation -- whatever I can see I should be able to export -- but that seems to be how it has been implemented at this point. What I really want is an Export Members option at the stake level, so I can get the whole stake in one operation.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

Alan_Brown wrote:As near as I can tell, it has nothing to do with your calling or level of access. When my stake president last looked at this, he also could only export for his own ward.

I don't think that's a good implementation -- whatever I can see I should be able to export -- but that seems to be how it has been implemented at this point. What I really want is an Export Members option at the stake level, so I can get the whole stake in one operation.
Amen to that suggestion! I realize that things are still in flux, but this is also a good time to offer up the ideas. Perhaps we can get someone on the team to jump in and provide some information.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”