Beta calendar editor/approver

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
GrasseDD

Beta calendar editor/approver

Post by GrasseDD »

I saw some similar questions on the "issues" thread, but didn't see a specific answer.

I've been the stake web admin for years now, but after many attempts have not been able to do anything with the beta calendar. Apparently, being admin for luws doesn't automatically mean I'm admin for the beta calendar.

Does beta calendar require an MLS designation? If so, where is it listed? We looked at stake pres'y and stake clerk but saw no built-in luws admin position.

Thanks for any help!
D.G.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

duanegrasse wrote:I saw some similar questions on the "issues" thread, but didn't see a specific answer.

I've been the stake web admin for years now, but after many attempts have not been able to do anything with the beta calendar. Apparently, being admin for luws doesn't automatically mean I'm admin for the beta calendar.

Does beta calendar require an MLS designation? If so, where is it listed? We looked at stake pres'y and stake clerk but saw no built-in luws admin position.

Thanks for any help!
D.G.
see the help site at https://tech.lds.org/ldshelp/index.php5 ... over_Tasks for a list of default approvers
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

duanegrasse wrote:I've been the stake web admin for years now, but after many attempts have not been able to do anything with the beta calendar. Apparently, being admin for luws doesn't automatically mean I'm admin for the beta calendar.
The stake website administrator is one of those positions that is included in the list of default approvers for the beta calendar. Your calling must be an MLS standard position. Custom positions are not granted approver status. I would check your MLS calling position first to see if you are listed using the standard position and not a custom position. Even though you may be one of the stake website administrators on the LUWS, it is what is listed in MLS that makes the difference whether you have default approver status.

Even though you may not have default approver status you can be added by any default approver as an approver. The only difference in a default approver and an added approver is the latter can not add other people to the list of approvers.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

jdlessley wrote:The stake website administrator is one of those positions that is included in the list of default approvers for the beta calendar. Your calling must be an MLS standard position. Custom positions are not granted approver status. I would check your MLS calling position first to see if you are listed using the standard position and not a custom position.

Thanks for the information--I now know I'm on the right track.
Now, for the benefit of my stake clerk, would you happen to know where in MLS's position list it is?
Thanks again,
D.G.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

duanegrasse wrote:Now, for the benefit of my stake clerk, would you happen to know where in MLS's position list it is?
Organizations > Other Callings. Then click Add Position, then Select (to the right of "Position"), and choose "Stake Website Administrator" from the list that appears.

For a ward, the steps are exactly the same, except the standard calling is simply "Website Administrator".
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
GrasseDD

Post by GrasseDD »

Wow--that's quick service!
Thanks again,
D.G.
n.oliver

Post by n.oliver »

For any users with the same question this post (link) is similar and might also be of interest.
markgnorthcott

Post by markgnorthcott »

I'm just throwing ideas out there right now. when creating new calendars can we do one of the following ideas:

1. with every new calendar created it's likely that they will be for an auxiliary organization of the church. can we have the option of having the auxiliary presidency (plus bishopric/clerk/administrator approval of course) added as a group based on their callings and not by their names. callings change all the time, and it would make calendar admin rights easier to manage. For example, a ward relief society calendar is made. the presidency gets changed. instead of the changes being made in the calendar program by an administrator, why not link to the callings list to change who has control over what.

2. can we get standard calendars for the different auxiliaries with proper administrators (presidencies, etc) already named by calling. this way there's less initial work to do. might annoy those who've already started using the program (maybe a merge calendar function would help here?) then all we'd need to add is something more custom to each ward if possible.

3. i don't know if it's already done, but can certain calendars be only able to be seen by those in certain groups (ie, bishopric appointment calendar, young men's young women's [could make it trickier by allowing parents to see that too, but not any non relateds])
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

markgnorthcott wrote:I'm just throwing ideas out there right now. when creating new calendars can we do one of the following ideas:

1. with every new calendar created it's likely that they will be for an auxiliary organization of the church. can we have the option of having the auxiliary presidency (plus bishopric/clerk/administrator approval of course) added as a group based on their callings and not by their names. callings change all the time, and it would make calendar admin rights easier to manage. For example, a ward relief society calendar is made. the presidency gets changed. instead of the changes being made in the calendar program by an administrator, why not link to the callings list to change who has control over what.

2. can we get standard calendars for the different auxiliaries with proper administrators (presidencies, etc) already named by calling. this way there's less initial work to do. might annoy those who've already started using the program (maybe a merge calendar function would help here?) then all we'd need to add is something more custom to each ward if possible.

3. i don't know if it's already done, but can certain calendars be only able to be seen by those in certain groups (ie, bishopric appointment calendar, young men's young women's [could make it trickier by allowing parents to see that too, but not any non relateds])
1. By callings is in the works https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/LUC-115

2. This has been requested https://tech.lds.org/jira/browse/LUC-67

3. If the calendar is marked private, only Editors or Viewers will see the calendar, I don't know if assigning rights based on class assignment would be possible but it can't hurt to submit feedback for it.
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
beanda

multi-stake callings

Post by beanda »

As with many of the new applications, the calendar does not work correctly for my out-of-unit calling. Because of my calling, I am listed as a calendar administrator, but I cannot create any calendars. When I attempt to add an administrator, I get a listing of my home stake, but not of the singles stake in which I serve.

Bummer.

When we told the bishops about the development on all these tools, the ONLY one that elicited 'Oohs and ahs' was the Calendar (which surprised me). Yet, none of them will be able to do anything other than look until this minor* thing is fixed.

David

*I recognize that the issue of multi-stake scenarios is certainly NOT minor. Just a little QA humor.

Return to “Calendar”