Urgent Task List - You have 1 new messages to read

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
webmonk-p40

Urgent Task List - You have 1 new messages to read

Post by webmonk-p40 »

Ever since I became the clerk the urgent task list shows that there is one unread message. I have scanned all them and all show to have been read. Just on a whim I opened every message, but I still get the statement that one is unread. How can I not get rid of this message?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

webmonk wrote:Ever since I became the clerk the urgent task list shows that there is one unread message. I have scanned all them and all show to have been read. Just on a whim I opened every message, but I still get the statement that one is unread. How can I not get rid of this message?
See the thread: MLS Mail Notification - First Time only.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
webmonk-p40

Post by webmonk-p40 »

I see that my issue was mentioned in that thread, but I did not see a resolution. I do not have any blank messages to delete. I just have the "You have 1 new messages to read" in my urgent task list and it will not go away.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

webmonk wrote:I see that my issue was mentioned in that thread, but I did not see a resolution. I do not have any blank messages to delete. I just have the "You have 1 new messages to read" in my urgent task list and it will not go away.
Have you looked in any subfolders to see if somehow an unread message got moved to a subfolder?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
murraydavidgeorge2

Post by murraydavidgeorge2 »

I had this same problem for months and figured I would just have to live with the persistant "you have 1 new message to read" for the rest of my tenure as the ward clerk. As I was deleting older messages from my in box the other day I finally noticed the famous "no subject" message that has been mentioned here a couple of times. I deleted it, and then deleted everything in the deleted folder and low and behold I no longer have the "you have 1 new message to read" message any longer. You may want to poke around and really look for the "no subject" message. It's probably still lurking around in there...
Hijt

You have one new unread message.

Post by Hijt »

I too have been wondering why that has been showing up in our mail box. I have, however also searched for messages without subject lines and sub-folders. I haven't wanted to delete everything just to see if I could fix the problem though.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

BroMurray wrote:I had this same problem for months . . .
I finally noticed the famous "no subject" message that has been mentioned here a couple of times.
I found it in the Archives folder. Not one of the folders under Archives, but in the actual top-level Archives folder. I moved it to the Deleted folder.

All I have to do now is figure out how to delete the messages in the Deleted folder. [grin]
webmonk-p40

Solution

Post by webmonk-p40 »

I figured it out. We did not really have many other folders and browsing through them I found the culprit in the deleted folder. I deleted it from there and problem solved! :) I recall deleting the "message" from the received folder a while back... guess I expected it to actually go away!
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

webmonk wrote:I figured it out. We did not really have many other folders and browsing through them I found the culprit in the deleted folder. I deleted it from there and problem solved! :) I recall deleting the "message" from the received folder a while back... guess I expected it to actually go away!
My problem is that I cannot delete the actual message. So I moved it from the top level Archive folder to the deleted folder.

But it is still there and I still get the message to delete the 1 "messages", which I cannot delete. When we get tired of it, or the next time we have another significant database problem, we will have the developers fix it for us, I guess.
pete_arnett-p40

Post by pete_arnett-p40 »

Alan_Brown posted the link with a solution that worked great for one of the units in my stake: See the thread: MLS Mail Notification - First Time only.

" Go to the Inbox
Select the blank message
Press Delete on the keyboard
Go to Deleted Items
Select the blank message again
Press Delete on the keyboard again to empty the messages
This will clear the blank message from the system and
clear the Urgent Task.
USA

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”