1st Multi-cast of Stake Conference

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
rscraft

1st Multi-cast of Stake Conference

Post by rscraft »

Our stake conferences typically have been 2 sessions where the stake center was over-flowing for both (RS, Primary, YM/YW rooms all filled). Since we just had medium speed (DSL) internet installed, the stake president wanted to try the building to building to building conference (broadcast from the stake center to 2 other buildings). We looked at several configurations - Peer-Peer, Slingbox, Hava, etc. Due to upload limitations, we decided to stream the conference to a streaming media provider.

This turned out great. Both the other buildings saw and heard the conference, as well as the 1st council in the stake presidency (travelling with the area rep in Greece) and half a dozen home bound people that couldn't travel to conference.

The basic setup included 2 CCTV cameras, a video switcher, laptop for camera control, broadcast laptop and power-point for the hymn words.

Thanx to everyone's suggestions on this thread, they really helped convince the stake president we were not alone.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Russ,

Your thunder has been stolen: http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.ph ... &page=2#20 :D

But I agree that it went quite well. The only issue that I saw from the broadcast end was not being able to hear the organ from the stake center. Since the organ has its own sound system and the only sound patched through was the podium mike, all we got to hear was what the podium mike caught. A mixer including the output from the organ would have done the trick.

I was impressed by the powerpoint hymn lyrics. Almost made up for not hearing the music. ;)

Now, on the receiving end, the other error I saw could have been prevented by following this simple instruction: "Don't touch the laptop!" :p

Matt

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”